Dynamic Sheet/Template Creation (without using OMR Tempelate Editor)

Hi,

I have developed Coaching Class Analytics Software for my own class. Now, i want to make OMR feature for the same software, by that i will take exam on the daily basis. Again im very new programmer with basic knowledge of c# .net.

I tried using Aspose to make OMR feature, but somehow im facing some difficulty or can say not able to understand to create template or how to take print-outs which will be given to students for test.

Can you please brief me the steps to create template, print-outs and evaluating them without using template editor. (ex. for 10 questions with 4 options, i want to extract which option is selected).

I explored it for 2-3 days, im not really able to achieve it.

Thanks in advance
Mandip

Hi Mandip,

Thank you for considering Aspose APIs.

Please, follow the link below to create the OMR Template. You will be able to find a comprehensive and detailed information about OMR Template creation.

Currently, the feature of “OMR Template to Image” with Aspose OMR Template Editor has not been implemented yet, however, this feature is on our road map of Aspose.OCR for .NET API and we will provide it with future releases. You can create the OMR template using Aspose OMR Template Editor, import a scanned image of the template sheet and perform different functions including Data Extraction.

You can create the OMR sheet using Microsoft Word. Please follow the steps below to create the OMR sheet using MS Word 2007:

• On the “Insert” tab of the ribbon.
  • Click “Symbol” and choose “More Symbols”.
  • In the Symbol dialog, set the Font to “Arial Unicode MS”.
  • Set the Subset to “Enclosed Alphanumeric”. (The character code must be set to Unicode to make the Subset box appear.)
  • Select a number and click the “Insert” button.

You can convert MS Word document to image using following steps:

• Go to “Start” > “All Programs” > “Accessories” > “Snipping Tool
  • Click and drag the box over the document.
  • Save as” the picture as MHT, PNG, GIF or JPG.

Following files are attached in a zip file for your consideration:

• Unmaped_OMR_Template.amr
    [it is the OMR template file generated by Aspose OMR Template Editor]

• Sample_OMR_sheet.JPG
    [Sample OMR sheet]

• Maped_OMR_template.amr
    [OMR template on which scanned sheet image has been mapped]

I hope the above information helps. In case you have any queries, please be sure to let us know, we will be glad to assist you.

Hi Mandip,

This is to inform you that a feature Request has been logged in our database against this requirement. The ticket Id for your future reference is OCR-33896.

It is quite certain that you will be able to find this feature in the 3rd quarter of 2015. we will update you accordingly.

Please feel free to contact us back in case you need our further assistance.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.