Earned Value information in MPP file

Hi. Does this component properly read the earned value information (BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, CV) when the input file is an MPP file? It doesn’t appear to. When I export the same project to XML and then use the component to read those values, they appear correctly, but when I access the mpp file directly, they all show up as zero.

Besides that, can you advise me how to get values for BAC (Budget at Complete, sometimes called Baseline Cost) and SV (Schedule Variance)?

Thanks.

Hi,

Aspose.Tasks does not read the values (BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, CV) from MPP files as the values are not a part of the file and in fact are calculated values.

I have added a new issue ‘Calculate BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, CV values when read data from MPP files.’ with ID = 15758 and linked it to this thread. So you will get the issue resolving notification automatically.

We are going to fix the issue in our May release (end of May) as a part of common Aspose.Tasks project recalculation functionality.

BAC has to be equal Task’s, Resource’s or Assignment’s Baseline cost. You have to take a cost value for baseline (TaskBaseline, Baseline or AssignmentBaseline class instance) with Number ‘0’ from Task, Resource or Assignment baseline collection correspondingly. See TaskBaseline class description here.

SV is a calculated value too: SV = BCWP - BCWS.

Sorry for inconvenience. MS Project has a lot of different functionality and we are adding it step by step according our customers requirements.

Thanks for your quick reply. So are you saying that MS Project is calculating those values and putting them into the XML file, but does not do the same for the MPP file?

I am not 100% sure, but we can not find the values in MPP files and the format specification is not open.

The values depend from project status date and when you open MPP file by MS Project it sets the status date as today. So they have to recalculate them by any way when you open a MPP file. But this is a supposition, of course. I think that MS Project recalculates these values (and some others) during data loading and changing but does not save them in MPP file.

But it does not change the situation. We can recalculate the values from loaded data and we are going to implement this in our future release. Sorry for inconvenience again.

Thanks for the further info. I look forward to seeing this implemented.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 15758) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.