Easier Feature Attribute Value Access

Feature Request

I am finding it a bit painful accessing attribute values on an Aspose Feature compared to other libraries, as I have to access them one at a time via feature.GetValue<type>().

I would like a method called feature.GetValues() that returns an object[] or a IReadOnlyList<object>. This would return all attribute values for the Feature in a single call.

SqlServer allows both access types, one at a time or
all at once.

I believe internally you are storing attribute values as an object[] anyways, so it should be pretty easy to implement.

On the flip side, it would be nice to have a method feature.SetValues(object[] values) to streamline setting values in one call.

Hello, @DavidB!

We regret to share that this features are not present in Aspose.GIS API at the moment. And we have logged an investigation ticket as GISNET-514 in our issue tracking system to investigate the best expansion path of this opportunities.

We will update you here as soon as additional information is available regarding this.

Thanks.

Hello, @DavidB,

The features you were looking for is available in Aspose.GIS for .NET 20.3. Aspose.GIS allows you to return the values for all the attributes in an array. Please, take a look at these GetValues, GetValuesDump, SetValues, GetValue and Example.

In case of any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

I have updated my code to use the new GetValues and SetValues. It simplifies things a lot!

Thank you.