Edit Table rows

Hi,

I have a PDF document with a table. Based on user actions, I need to be able to edit this table, by adding rows with info to it.
How can I do that using PDF.Kit?

Example:
user insert 10 phone numbers.
The output PDF should contain the ‘phones’ table with 10 rows, each row with a number.

Hi Eli,

Are you trying to create a PDF from scratch with the table rows or you want to add the rows into an existing file? Can you please help us understand your requirement with the help of a sample PDF file?

We’re looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Hi,

I’m trying to modify an existing file.
The example is very simple - the PDF contain a table with some rows. I’m getting a list of numbers, don’t know how many up-front.
I need to fill the table with those numbers, each number in a cell. If the numbers list is big, I might want to create a new column, and start adding numbers to it, so I can fit as many numbers possible in one page.

So what I’m looking for is something like that (if possible), this is just a pseudo-code example:

// Find the table somehow:
Table table = pdfDoc.GetTable(…);
int rowIndex = 0;
int colIndex = 0;
for(int n = 0; n < numbers.Count; ++n)
{
// Create a new row if needed
if(colIndex == 0) table.AddNewRow();
++rowIndex;
// Get the cell of the new row and set the text:
table.GetCell(colIndex,rowIndex).Text = numbers[n];
// Create a new column each 30 numbers:
if(n % 30 == 0)
{
rowIndex=0;
++colIndex;
table.AddNewColumn();
}
}
}

Hi Eli,

I’m sorry to share with you that Aspose.Pdf.Kit doesn’t allow you to find or add table/row/cells in an existing PDF file; however, it allows you to add text at a particular location in a PDF file. Would that be feasible for you, if you use the above mentioned method to add numbers on particular locations, column wise? If it doesn’t satisfy your requirement then please do let us know.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

It could be a workaround. It won’t look as good as working with a table but if that’s not supported, I really don’t have any choice, do I…?

Hi Eli,

I’m sorry to inform you that this feature is currently not supported. However, I have logged a new feature request as PDFKITNET-22779 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this requirement and you’ll be notified via this forum thread once it is supported.

Regards,

Hi, any news on this issue?

Will this be included in the upcoming release?

Hi Eli,

I would like to share with you that this is a new feature which requires detailed investigation and then some time to develop new functionality, so this might not be available in short time. However, I have asked our development team to share the ETA of this feature. You’ll be updated via this forum thread once we get a better idea.

Regards,

Hi Eli,

I would like to share with you that the support for this new feature will be available after Q2’2011. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.

Regards,