Edit the perotected document in the Microsoft Word

Hi all,

is it possible to edit somehow the created document in Microsoft Word with Aspose.words which is protected with this field “ALLOW_ONLY_FORM_FIELDS”?
I mean I have created a word document and then protected it from editing. But I wonder to know if it is possible to define in the java application if the user need to edit the document, he can do that in this way…for example by knowing a special password or something else?

Thanks in advance,
Marzie

Hi Marzie,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please attach your sample protected Word document you want to edit with Aspose.Words here for testing. Please share if there is any password required to edit it in MS Word. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

thanks for your reply. I have attached the document
here, but I wonder to know is it possible in Aspose to enable the users
to edit the document if it is protected already?
I mean if they need to edit or add something?
The
question is that, can we have both features in Aspose? 1) protect the
document 2) if the user need to edit, it would be possible by knowing
e.g. some passwords or something else.

Thanks in advance,
Marzie

Hi Marzie,

Thanks for your inquiry. You first need to remove protection from the document regardless of the password by using Document.Unprotect method. After that you can edit it. Secondly, you can protect Word document as mentioned in following article:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/protect-or-encrypt-a-document/

Best regards,

Dear Awais,

Thanks for your response.
I thought maybe there is a feature in Aspose.Words that we can make the document editable for some users while the others cannot edit it.
e.g. some users can make the document editable by knowing a special password to enter inside the MS Word while editing the document is disable for others. But I think it is not possible.

Best,
Marzie

Hi Marzie,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can use the following overload of Unprotect method which only removes protection from the document if a correct password is specified.

Document.Unprotect Method (String)

Best regards,