Editing documents online

We’re using Aspose for online document editing. The trouble is when a document has something underlined, freetextbox does not recognize it as an underline & is not able to remove the underline. The following is our workflow. What can we do to allow the underlines to be removed? (I had looked into Aspose.Editor in the past, however I see that it has been discontinued, so that is not an option.)

• Code to pull the HTML from the document to load into FreeTextBox.
using (MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream())
{
    docClone.Save(stream, ThisSaveFormat);
    html = Encoding.UTF8.GetString(stream.GetBuffer(), 0, (int)stream.Length);
}

Aspose reads the underlined text as underlined text

Hello

Thanks for your request. I think you can try using the following code to achieve what you need:

// Get collection of Run nodes.
Node[] runs = doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Run, true).ToArray();
// Loop throught all Runs.
foreach (Run run in runs)
{
    if (run.Font.Underline != Underline.None)
        run.Font.Underline = Underline.None;
}
doc.Save("out.doc");

Hope this helps.
Best regards,

I’m sorry, it seems my question wasn’t clear.
I want to know either - how we can pull the html from a document in a way that the textbox will recognize the underline & be able to remove it with the U button or
- another textbox that would recognize the html returned by Aspose & be able to remove the underline
try pasting the following into the online textbox for Aspose’s forums:
underlined text
It will show up like this & the U button will not work to remove the underline.
underlined text
Is ther eany solution for this?

I have not heard back on this. Is there any way to do what we require with pulling html & the underlines?

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for your request and sorry for delayed response. I must have missed your last post.
Unfortunately, I cannot suggest you any easy way to resolve the problem. I think, FreeTextBox should support both ways of setting underlining, but it seems it understands only tags. Maybe you should contact FreeTextBox support and ask them to support also text-decoration:underline.
From our end, we will consider outputting underlined text as text. I linked your request to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once it is resolved.
Best regards,

Is there any way to know approximately when it will be fixed?

Hello

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, currently, it is difficult to provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. We will be sure to inform you of any developments regarding this feature.
Best regards,

I tried contacting freetextbox, but they did not get back to me.
Is there any other textbox that we can use which would read the aspose html properly(we’d be willing to pay if necessary as well)?

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your inquiry. I cannot suggest some concrete HTML editor. You can try most popular editors and select one that gives the best result.
Best regards,