Email.MailMessage :: GetMessageRawData Property?

Hello,
Which property returns full mime message source as byte array?
If not exist, may I request a feature request to be added?
Usage: There are so many scenarios I need to pass the message to another email SDK, obviously not using the file (string).
So I have to save the MailMessage to a stream and load that stream back
Just passing the GetMessageRawData property to the target email message sdk without saving/loading MemoryStream each time will have multiple benefits :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds

You can use MapiMessage.Save(Stream) method to achieve your requirement. Hope this helps you.

Hello,
Sure I’m using it already as I mentioned: I have to save the MailMessage to a stream and load that stream back
Increasing code making it more complex and decreasing the performance in long heavy codes/loops
Again, just a suggestion, not harmful if the developers hear and think about it, even if gets rejected! :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds

The performance will not decease if a property is added in MapiMessage class. Please use the MapiMessage.Save method for your requirement.

Hi,

1. MapiMessage.Save will also need an extra mid-stage Stream to save to and load from.
  2. Use MapiMessage to load mime .eml and .emlx files?

Worth to mention that I’m done with the SDK!

My usage will be Aspose storage processing with combination of MailBee base + all others processing
Now am just waiting for the long list of bug fixes already under investigation, plus the answers of very fundamental methods / queries to finish my project.

While waiting, I decided to go through the whole Aspose SDK and try to replace MailBee with Aspose in a copy of my real project, to see how things differs, to compare the results of both products and compare the performance, during this test, perhaps some bugs will be revealed, in addition to some product improvement suggestions / feature requests (I think I’m wise when asking such)

Most of them will not be my usage, but will help the others using the SDK, this one (GetMessageRawData) while not vital, but will greatly be appreciated :slight_smile:
Even if just submitted…

@australian.dev.nerds

You will be informed via related forum thread about the features and bugs you reported.

We have logged a ticket as EMAILNET-40807 in our issue tracking system for your requirement. We will check the possibility of implementation of this feature and share our findings with you.