Email problem with Aspose SMTP Client!

We are experiencing problems with your SMTP Client being blocked by mail filters. Before we switched to ASPOSE we used another tool and it worked properly. Now we think we identified the problem as being in the RECEIVED FROM part of the message header:

Before ASPOSE:

Received: from webserver.domain.com ([10.10.1.91]) by EXCHANGE.domain.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830);

After ASPOSE:

Received: from exchange.domain.com ([10.10.1.91]) by EXCHANGE.domain.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830);

It appears that when the ASPOSE Send method is run, it connects to the mail server and identifies itself incorrectly by using the host name of the mail server. If the client and mail server are the same server this problem would not be seen, nor would it matter until SPAM filters got involved, but it is causing many problems with our products. The SMTP Client needs to correctly identify itself to the mail server when communicating.

The Code is something like this:

Dim oMailMan As SMTPClient = New Mail.SMTPClient(“exchange.domain.com”)

‘Create Mail Message

‘Send Message

The “host” parameter appears to be used as the identifier of the client machine sending the message. This will cause a problem with mail filters when a SMTP client incorrectly identifies itself as the actual mail server instead of its qualified domain name. I would suggest using a reverse DNS lookup or something on the server to identify itself and NOT the host parameter.

Hello,

We are working to fix this bug. I will get back to your shortly.

Thanks,

Hi Thanks for your reply!

When can we expect this fix? Its very critical for us, because its happening with our live customer which is causing us a lot of support calls and men hours. Please increase the priority of this issue and keep me posted with the updates.

Thanks!

Pulkit Zery

Sorry for the delay.

I have made a hotfix, please check it out. Let me know if it works,

www.aspose.com/products/aspose.network/releases/3.7.0/aspose.network.v3.7.0.1.zip
Thanks,

Does the Aspose.Network v3.8.0.0 contains this Fix???

Thanks

Hello,

Yes, this fix is included in the latest release. Please download it here:

http://www.aspose.com/Community/Files/54/aspose.network/entry110079.aspx

Best regards