Email recall function

Hi,

Currently, I am using aspose email to send out the email. I just want to know how to enable the recall function using the aspose email just like we click the "recall" on the outlook. And also, can you let me know what kind of NotificationOptions it will be if I set the DeliveryNotificationOptions in the code. Here is my code:

MailMessage Message = null;
SmtpClient SmtpClient = null;
try
{
Message = new MailMessage(EmailInfoData.Sender, EmailInfoData.Recipients);
Message.Body = EmailInfoData.MailBody;
Message.BodyEncoding = ASCIIEncoding.ASCII;
Message.Subject = EmailInfoData.MailSubject;
Message.DeliveryNotificationOptions = DeliveryNotificationOptions.OnFailure;
SmtpClient = new SmtpClient(EmailInfoData.Host,
Convert.ToInt32(EmailInfoData.Port), EmailInfoData.UserName,
EmailInfoData.PassWord);
SmtpClient.Send(Message);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
ret = false;
ErrorMsg = ex.ToString();
}

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for using Aspose.Email.

I am afraid to share that I could not find any such option or working example of recalling the sent messages and have requested development team’s feedback for this functionality. If the feature is not supported at present, we’ll add it as a new feature request and link this thread to the logged issue for further tracking. Please spare us a little time in this regard to get back to you with our findings.

ok. one more question, I found there is an property called TimeOut, if it passes the time out time I give, what will happen? throw exception? And how I can catch this

Hi Jimmy,

1. We have investigated the possible implementation of Recalling an Email message but found that this is a client side functionality that is supported by message clients only such as Outlook as can be in details here.

2. The TimeOut property specifies the Time out duration in milliseconds. If a server doesn’t respond in the specified time, it raises Timeout exception that can be handled using normal try-catch block. If there is anything else that we can be of help in this regard, please feel free to write to us.

thanks for your reply. Can you provide the updated version for aspose email since my version is lower. My manager told me that probably we can try use the Exchange web service, so probably the email will stay in the sent item folder after the mail is sent out

Hi Jimmy,

You may please get the latest version Aspose.Email for .NET 4.1.0 here. Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.