Embedded Excel in Word

Hi,

Is there any way to embed an excel workbook in a word document ? I have read few posts regarding the impossibility of inserting new OLE objects using Aspose, but they were pretty old posts. Just checking to find out if any updates ahev been made.

My requiremen is to embed an excel sheet ( rather an .xls file - not the content) as an icon and when we double click on it i need the sheet to be opened in Miscrosoft Excel. I do not want the file as a link because the word document has to be sent across people and even if the excel sheet is kept in the server, a reliable internet connection is required to read the excel sheet.

Request your help on this.

Regards,

Kiran B

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose products.

Well, inserting new OLE objects into a Word Document and updating existing OLE objects is not supported at the moment. Inserting an OLE object usually requires the host application and probably cannot be done by Aspose.Words.

What is supported is preserving OLE objects in documents. That is if you open a Microsoft Word document and then save it (possibly in another Microsoft Word format) then OLE objects are preserved. You can also access objects programmatically, extract their data and preview image. However, ‘creating new OLE objects’ is not supported.

I have linked your request to the appropriate new feature (WORDSNET-1206) in our issue tracking system. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1206) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(59)