Embedded Excel-Sheet (OLE) not working with AppendDocument

Hello,
I would like to create a global document, which contains many documents from a docx-“template”. These template contains a embedded excel sheet. At the attachment you can find my sourcecode and the docx-template. After saving I can only open the first embedded excel sheet. All others embedded sheets are pictures, not excel sheets
Can you help me for saving a document, which contains on all pages excel sheets?

Thanks
Birgit

Hi Birgit,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-7678 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

As a workaround, please save your final document to Doc file first and then Docx as shown below:

Document originalDocument = new Document(MyDir + "Test86.docx");
Document toAppendDocument = new Document();
for (int i = 0; i <3; i++)
{
    Document iDocument = originalDocument.Clone();
    toAppendDocument.AppendDocument(iDocument, ImportFormatMode.KeepSourceFormatting);
}
MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream();
toAppendDocument.Save(stream, SaveFormat.Doc);
Document finalDoc = new Document(stream);
finalDoc.Save(MyDir + "out.docx", SaveFormat.Docx);

Hello Mr. Manzoor,
thanks for your answer. I have tested your workaround, it’s works fine, with one exception:
If the Docx contains a dropdownlist and I use your workaround, the dropdowlist are destroyed. My currently workaround protect the dropdownlist into the docx-File. The attachment contains my workaround.

Best regards
Birgit

Hi Birgit,

Thanks for your inquiry. The drop down (StructuredDocumentTag) is not supported in Doc file format so the shared workaround do not work for drop down. We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello Mr. Manzoor,
when the developers fix this bug, can they test the new implementation with a document, which contains both: a dropdown list and a embedded excel sheet?
Many documents of our customers, which we are processing for mail merge, contains both elements in the same document.

Best regards
Birgit

Hi Birgit,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the same scenario with drop down list and embedded excel sheet and have not found any issue with drop down list while using latest version of Aspose.Words. The problem occurs only with embedded excel sheet (shown as picture in output document). We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7678) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.