We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Embedded files and problems with some Aspose versions

Hello,

I need to embed files in excel files (.xls with or without macro, .xlsx and .xlsm).
I first test Aspose using aspose-cells-8.6.2.jar, and then using aspose-cells-8.6.2.4.jar

I noted that with Aspose-cells-8.6.2.jar, it is possible to use a template .xls with macro, but with Aspose-cells-8.6.2.4.jar it is impossible (macros are not retained in result report).

Those two aspose versions that I test are free, and I don’t know how is the official version, but it is very important for me that in official version, the macros from excel template are retained in result report when a file is embedded.

Can you confirm that you support this in official version ?

Best regards


Hi,


Thanks for providing us some details.

Well, by default, all the versions work in evaluation mode. But, when you use and set a valid license in your code (you will obtain a valid license when you purchase the product), it becomes professional and you may use Aspose.Cells APIs with full capacity. It looks like a bug in the latest fix: v8.6.2.4 as you mentioned. Could you provide us a sample JAVA program (runnable) with your template files, so we could evaluate and reproduce the issue on our end and log it into our database to fix the issue soon. For your information, we publish fixes into the support forums and when we release our official versions (e.g our upcoming version v8.6.3 - we publish official releases in Downloads module once in a month) will include all previous fixes (e.g v8.6.2.4 or earlier fixes).

Thank you.

Hi,

Here a java source code example and a template with macro to reproduce the problem.

Hi Joelle,


Thank you for writing back. It seems that you have forgot to attach the samples to you post as we are not able to find any attachments. Could you please recheck this on your end?

First time error was displayed when I posted the response with attach zip file.
I try again…

and when I post the response with attach zip file, the error is :

                      <table class="TxtMediumGray" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="748"><tbody><tr> <td> <h1>Unexpected Error</h1> </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="height: 35px;">An unexpected error has occurred while we were trying to fetch your
        desired resource. We apologize for the inconvenience. An email has been
        sent to the webmaster with the error details.</td></tr></tbody></table><br>

Hi Joelle,


Thank you for sharing the samples,

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.6.2.4, and we are able to replicate the said problem on our side. It seems that inserting the OleObject is causing the removal of existing macros from the spreadsheet, in-spite of the fact that we have enabled the macros using the WorkbookSetting.setEnableMacros. We have logged this incident in our bug tracking system as CELLSJAVA-41641 for further investigation. Please allow us some time for proper analysis. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Regarding the Unexpected Error while uploading the samples, an automated message has already been sent to the community administrators. They will look into the matter to provide a fix very soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi again,


This is to update you that we have fixed the problem logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-41641. We will shortly provide the fix here after ensuring the quality and incorporating other enhancements.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41641) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.