Embedded font not displaying correctly in IE


#1

I’ve converted a Word document to HTML with two embedded fonts. In IE (versions 9 and 11) one of the fonts does not appear correctly.

Under the text “Bar code font:”, it looks like this in IE:

image.png (13.8 KB)

It should look like this (viewing from Chrome):

image.png (31.4 KB)

Thanks for any help


#2

@tstowell

Thanks for inquiry. We will appreciate it if you please share your sample code along with input Word document as ZIP file. It will help us to investigate and address your issue exactly.


#3

Thanks for the response. I’ve attached a zip file as requested.

Aspose.zip (1.8 MB)


#4

@tstowell

Thanks for sharing the source document. We have tested the scenario and noticed the reported issue. We have logged a ticket WORDSNET-16123 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.


#5

@tstowell

Thanks for your patience. We have investigated the issue and found it is not a bug of Aspose.Words, but a problem with the barcode font.

The font used in the document(‘3 of 9 Barcode’ by CAIL Systems Ltd.) has errors that prevent it from being loaded by Internet Explorer. Aspose.Words exports only a subset of the font, but even if we replace the font file generated by Aspose.Words with the original file downloaded from the Internet, Internet Explorer still not loads it correctly. Additionally, the font validator tool (https://github.com/HinTak/Font-Validator) also reports many errors for the original font file.