Embedded formula not preserved when converting ODP to PPTX using Aspose.Slides for Java

Using aspose-slides-18.11-jdk16 to convert ODP to PPTX.
Converting slide with an embedded formula object. This is replaced by a rectangle.

Code below:
Presentation presentation = new Presentation(inputPath);
presentation.save(outputPath, SaveFormat.Pptx);

Before/after sample attached

textBox.zip (60.0 KB)

@simon.wiseman,

I have worked with the presentation shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 18.12 and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-37482 has been added in our issue tracking system to resolve the issue. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we share notification with you once issue will be fixed.

Regarding this case, the embedded formula is now replaced by a square which says “Embedded OLE Objects”, instead of the blue rectangle shape that it was originally replaced with.

Using aspose-slides-19.10-jdk16.jar.

Using the following code:
com.aspose.slides.Presentation presentation = new com.aspose.slides.Presentation(inputPath);
presentation.save(outputPath,com.aspose.slides.SaveFormat.Pptx);

SLIDESJAVA-37482.zip (65.8 KB)

@simon.wiseman,

I have observed the issue shared by you. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-37865 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Just to update you, the embedded formula is still replaced by a square that says “embedded OLE objects” when converting an ODP to PPTX.
Using “aspose-slides-20.3-jdk16.jar”.

@simon.wiseman,

Thank you for sharing feedback. I like to mention here that the concerned issue is still unresolved and we will share the good news with you as soon as it will be fixed.

Ok thank you for the update.

@simon.wiseman,

Thank you too for your understanding.