Embedded OLE Excel chart is not working in PowerPoint 2010

<!–[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]–>

Hi Aspose team,

While trying to evaluate Aspose.Slides library I’ve encouraged this strange issue. Here are the details:

I made a simple program based upon this code:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/create-and-embed-an-excel-chart-as-an-ole-object-in-the-powerpoint-slide.html

In fact the whole logic remains the same. Only minor changes were made. You can find my program in the attachment.

What I’m looking for is the possibility to embed Excel chart into PP-presentation for the latest Office formats (2007/2010).

The resulting file (Chart.pptx) looks quite solid but when I’m double clicking on the chart I’m getting the following error message (see attached screenshot).

I’m using Aspose.Cells 5.3.3.2 and Aspose.Slides 5.2.0.0.

Could you please provide me a feedback: either I’m doing something wrong or it is an issue in Aspose.Slides? I hope you won’t say the Office 2007/2010 formats are not supported by the Aspose.Slides…

Thank you

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slide.

I have used the code shared by you and I am not able to produce the problem which you are facing. I have attached the generated PPTX file, please check this presentation file and let me know if the same problem exists with this presentation file.

<!–[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]–>

Hi,

Just opened the attached file and it looks like it has the same issue as I stated above.

According to my understanding it should be an Office specific problem. I'm using PowerPoint v14.0.5128 (32-bit) and Windows 7 SP 1 64-bit on Intel i5 CPU.

Do you have a chance to test this file in the specified configuration? I do believe it should be quite common in nowadays.

Thank you

Hi Andrew,

I have checked this issue with same specification and found that this is not related to Aspose.Slides.