Embedding Excel/Powerpoint/VSD/TIFF content into Word document

I am trying to embed the documents of various file formats into word document. Though I am able to append a Word document inside another word document, I am not able to insert XLS/PPT/VSD/TIFF content into a word document. Is there a way/API available in Aspose Words for Java to achieve the same?

Hi

Thanks for your request. Inserting new OLE objects into Word documents and updating existing OLE objects is not supported at the moment. Inserting an OLE object usually requires the host application and probably cannot be done by Aspose.Words.
What is supported is preserving OLE objects in documents. That is if you open an MS Word document and then save it (possibly in another MS Word format) then OLE objects are preserved. You can also access objects programmatically, extract their data and preview image. However, creating new OLE objects is not supported.
Best regards,

Hi,

1. Using Aspose.Cells & Aspose.Slides for Java libraries will address the issue with atleast xls & ppt embedding? Is there any known work-around?
  2. Is it possible to achieve the embedded file-formats of xls/ppt/vsd/tiff with the combination of
    Aspose and Word macros? Any pointers on this regard would be very helpful.
  3. Is there any other “hosting application” apart from Microsoft Word available that is compatible with Linux/Java platform?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, there is no way to embed files into Word document using Aspose.Words.
However, if you need to insert only content from XLS and PPT files into MS Word documents, you can achieve this using Aspose.Words+Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Words+Aspose.Slides. To achieve this you should create your own converter. I attached class, which shows how you can convert XLS files to DOC using Aspose.Words+Aspose.Cells.
Hope this helps.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

Is there any plan in near future to support the OLE object insertion using Aspose.word?

Thanks,
Sanjay

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for your request. No, currently we do not have plans to support this feature in the nearest future.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1206) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(48)