Embedding files into Word

Hi,

I'm looking into trying to use aspose to embedd files (.doc, .jpg, etc...) into word documents. We have links to files in our documents that point to the local machine and cannot be opened on another machine. So I was looking into using aspose to embed these files into the word document so that this will no longer be an issue.

I have searched for how to do this and I keep seeing that Aspose.Word does not support the embedding of files into a word document. The posts I have been seeing are about a year old though and I cannot find anything newer to see if this functionality has been added yet.

Has functionality been added to Aspose to allow the embedding of different file types?

Thanks

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

Thanks for your request. If I understand you correctly, you mean OLE objects. Inserting new OLE objects into Word documents and updating existing OLE objects is not supported at the moment. Inserting an OLE object usually requires the host application and probably cannot be done by Aspose.Words.

What is supported is preserving OLE objects in documents. That is if you open an MS Word document and then save it (possibly in another MS Word format) then OLE objects are preserved. You can also access objects programmatically, extract their data and preview image. However, creating new OLE objects is not supported.

I have linked your request to the appropriate new feature. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Thank you for the quick response and help!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1206) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(61)