We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

EmbedFullFonts option at Aspose.Cells

Hi

I want the same way as the processing of Aspose.Docment using the Aspose.CellI

What would be a good way to do it?

Aspose.Words processing

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "Rendering.doc");
PdfSaveOptions options = new PdfSaveOptions();
options.EmbedFullFonts = true;
doc.Save(MyDir + "Rendering.EmbedFullFonts Out.pdf", options);

I want to specify EmbedFullFonts

Hi Shizuka,


Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

I am afraid, your required feature (Embedding Full Fonts in the PDF documents) is currently not supported by the Aspose.Cells APIs. Aspose.Cells uses the subsetting mechanism to embed the fonts in the resultant PDF files. Subsetting is useful if you wish to keep the output file size smaller because this mechanism removes all the unused glyphs from a font. Also keeping in mind that some fonts are large in size (occupying several megabytes) and embedding them without subsetting will result in huge resultant documents.

Anyway, if you wish us to pursue your requirement, we would be happy to log it in our database for feasibility analysis. However, please confirm that our understanding of your requirement is correct, otherwise please provide more details for better elaboration.

Thanks, Babar.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Sorry, basically
problem is not to embedded full fonts.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I want to embed
gaiji font(external font , made by user. only Japanese ?).<o:p></o:p>

Apose.Cell convert
to pdf that is good, but gaiji font is another font ‘grabiola’.<o:p></o:p>

I do not set
‘Grabiola’ font.<o:p></o:p>

Although Word file
in Aspose.Words converted to pdf that gaiji font is ‘00’ ??<o:p></o:p>

Maybe, Aspose.Cell
is not same process at Aspose.Words. <o:p></o:p>

Hi Shizuka,


Thank you for providing more details.

From your recent post, it seems that you are having problems while converting spreadsheets containing text in font “gaiji” to PDF format. In that case we would request you to please provide the sample spreadsheet along with the font used in it for our further investigation. If you can, please also share a Word document using the aforesaid font so we may properly investigate the difference in Aspose.Cells working against Aspose.Words to tackle such situations.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p>Please see the attached file.</o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

a.docx
-> a_docx.pdf<o:p></o:p>

a.xlsx
-> a_xlsx.pdf<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

option
is none. (no EmbedStandardWindowsFonts, no EmbedFullFonts)<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

and
EUDC.EUF EUDC.TTE is gaiji fonts. Store C:/Windows/Fonts .<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I
wish for a best solutions at Aspose.Cells by special version.<o:p></o:p>

Hi Shizuka,


Thank you for providing the samples and font files for our testing,

We have tested the case while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.3.1, and we are able to notice the problem, that is; Aspose.Cells has used the Gabriola font instead of EUDC Regular font while rendering your provided spreadsheet a.xlsx to PDF format. Please note, the said problem is caused due to the reason that Aspose.Cells APIs can use fonts that correspond to TTC & TTF formats only, whereas your provided fonts are in TTE & EUF formats. Moreover, we were able to install/copy only the TTE file in the windows font directory.

We will move forward to log this problem in our database for further investigation & correction purposes, however, we require one more artifact from your side. Please provide us the snapshots of the both shared samples in your environment so we could get a better look at the contents of these samples. Reason being, we believe the contents style is changed when loaded with English based MS Excel and Word applications.

Hi Shizuka,


This is to inform you that we have discussed this matter internally and we have concluded that providing the support for the font formats other than TTC & TTF requires major changes to the Aspose.Cells rendering core, therefore it is not feasible for us to purse this requirement at this moment. We would suggest you to workaround this situation by converting the format of un-supported fonts to TTC or TTF using any available tool, and set the font location path using the CellsHelper.SetFontDir to direct the Aspose.Cells for .NET API to pick the converted font file.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.