EMF vs PNG

Please help with SheetRender / ImageOrPrintOptions exporting issues.

I need to be able to export a WorkSheet to an image that will be watermarked via an overlay of another image.

Option 1:ImageOrPrintOptions.ImageFormat = ImageFormat.Emf;

Quick and clear export to EMF, with low memory usage, but converting the EMF

to Bitmap to overlay the watermark image results in a blurred image. Not good enough to print.

Option 2: ImageOrPrintOptions.ImageFormat = ImageFormat.Png;

To get a decent image quality I need to set the [Horizontal/Vertical]Resolution = 250;

This makes the export slower, and uses a LOT of memory.

My application jumps to 1.2GB of memory usage when exporting a workbook with about 30 images.

Please run this through the attached sample application, and compare the memory usage between the 2 output formats. (You'll just need to add a folder called Images)

I cannot use a "using" clause around the SheetRender because it doesn't implement IDisposable.

There seems to be a memory leak.

So, is there a way to export an image (JPG, PNG, BMP) with the quality of EMF?

Hi,

Please try the latest version Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.0 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Shakeel

The problem still persists with the 7.0.1.0 dll

Hi,

Thanks for testing it with latest dll. I have logged this issue as CELLSNET-30603. We will update you asap.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download:
Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.1.1

I still receive the basically same results.

My memory usage dropped from 1.225GB to 1.178GB.

Good day,

Any feedback on the above?

Kind regards,

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no feedback as yet.

Hi,

Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.1.3

We have tested with current version and memory cost is not more than 80MB , Please check your system configuration.

The update download link seems to be dead.

armandsmit:
The update download link seems to be dead.

Third browser lucky.

Hi,

It’s good to know you were able to download it now. Let me know if you still having any problem.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 30603) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.