EML-to-MSG conversion and checksum

Ok, it seems the problem does not concern every EML-file. I’ve sent you an e-mail with an example.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the sample file, I have reproduced the issue at my end with the latest release v6.2. I have also added it in our bug tracking system (ID: 25088). We will look into it and will inform you when it gets fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,

are there any news to this issue?

Thank you!

Hi,

I am sorry this bug is not fixed yet. We will update here as soon as we make any progress.

Hi,

Would it be feasible for you to calculate the hash/checksum on some selected parts instead of the whole converted MSG files?

I have also attached a sample application that calculates MD5 hash on the following parts of MSG:

• sender
  • recipients
  • subject
  • date
  • Received header
I believe these values can be used to detect duplicate MSG files.

Hello saqib.razzaq,

thank you for your answer and the sample application! Unfortunatly, this is no solution for our application, because we are handling many different file types and the corresponding checksums, not only MSG, and the checksums are also used outside the application. It is not possible to implement an exception here.

Best regards
Eco

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 25088) have been fixed in [this update](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry299819.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I’ve another issue regarding to this topic. When i try to convert an EML-file with no send date to a MSG-file with property “PreserveOriginalDates” set to true, i get the following System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException:

"Ungültige Win32-FileTime (Not a valid Win32 FileTime.)"

Stacktrace:
bei System.DateTime.ToFileTimeUtc()
bei Aspose.Network.Outlook.MapiProperty. (DateTime )
bei Aspose.Network.Outlook.MapiProperty. (Int64 , DateTime )
bei Aspose.Network.Outlook.MapiMessage. (MailMessage , OutlookMessageFormat )
bei Aspose.Network.Outlook.MapiMessage. (MailMessage , MapiMessage , OutlookMessageFormat )
bei Aspose.Network.Outlook.MapiMessage.FromMailMessage(MailMessage message, OutlookMessageFormat format)
bei Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage.Save(String fileName, MailMessageSaveType savetype)

Code:
Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage mMessage;

mMessage = Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage.Load(@“D:\work\test.eml”, Aspose.Network.Mail.MessageFormat.Eml);

mMessage.PreserveOriginalDates = true;
mMessage.Save(@“D:\work\test.msg”, Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormatUnicode);
mMessage.Save(@“D:\work\test2.msg”, Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormatUnicode);

Hi,

I have reproduced the issue at my end and logged this bug (ID: 29666). We will look into it and will inform you when it gets fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29666 ) have been fixed in [this update ](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry325827.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier .