Emlx conversion issues

Hello,
A few conversion issues:

1. Loading an .mht file and saving as .emlx will result in an extra = in the top of converted page.
    To make sure I’m seeing the emlx correctly, after this convert, I loaded the result .emlx and saved it as .htm, kindly check the output folder:

2. Side issue is when saving it as msg/oft/tnef, all style is lost!

Issue 1 & 2 sample:
1.zip (419.4 KB)

1. Loading emlx, assign X-Mailer property and saving it as eml, opening the result eml in notepad, X-Mailer is added to the top of file, above the emlx initial byte count of the emlx, isn’t that violating the format’s specs? (am not sure just asking):
    X-Mailer: blah
    Sender: “my name”
    rest of new converted emlx…:
    2.zip (619.5 KB)

2. Loading emlx and saving it as eml, the saved file is then detected as emlx (and not eml) by Aspose DetectFileFormat.
    No idea if an issue in the conversion or DetectFileFormat?

Sorry, can’t attach the source emlx to reproduce the problem, will submit later.

Thanks

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): EMAILNET-40941

You can obtain Paid Support services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi @australian.dev.nerds

This is not an Aspose.Email bug. The reason for this error is a side effect of using only LF for a new line in MAC (emlx file) instead of CRLF in Windows. If you open the emlx file on a MAC computer (for which it is intended), you will see the correct result. See images.

You need to allow downloading of pictures or unblock automatic picture downloads in Outlook.

It was fixed, fix will be available in 23.02 version.

emlxMac1.jpeg (74.2 KB)
emvxMac2.jpeg (70.1 KB)

1 Like

Hello and thanks for your nice work, I hope other conversion issues I’ve reported recently will also be addressed, anyhow, do you have any idea if inclusion of .Nsf in DetectFileFormat will be ready this month or not? :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds,

Unfortunately, we don’t manage to add .Nsf in DetectFileFormat in time for the upcoming release. But I hope it will be done next month.

Thanks.

1 Like

Not confirmed, because if I load the resulting emlx with extra = using Aspose mailmessage and save it as eml or access its bodyhtml I still see the = so can’t be normal?

Not confirmed, download external resources is allowed, beside that, Aspose itself when loading back the resulting msg/oft/tnef will not show it with styles!

Confirmed fixed, thanks :slight_smile:

Just a query about saving VCardContact to WebDav, what are file extensions for WebDav contact and calendar?

File for WebDav contacts and calendar saved in XML format.

1 Like

As I could see, some LF newline separators can be found in the resulting html. This is the reason for the presence of = in html, an additional issue will be created to investigate.

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce this issue. On my side, everything works correctly with options to show pictures. See attach.msg.jpg (197.5 KB)

@australian.dev.nerds
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): EMAILNET-40974

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

Hi, what’s this for? Were you able to reproduce the style loss issue?

@australian.dev.nerds,

Hi, what’s this for? Were you able to reproduce the style loss issue?

See the comment above:

As I could see, some LF newline separators can be found in the resulting html. This is the reason for the presence of = in html, an additional issue will be created to investigate.

Thanks.

omg, need help, since I use DetectFileFormat for all file open operations, and I already wrote a generic and custom xml detector for my usage, this new WebDav .xml will be some issue, please kindly advise if you find it useful to add it to DetectFileFormat so it will cover WebDav files;
or if not kindly share a method to detect WebDav .xml formats.

A generic xml detector I use:

Dim MyXDocument As XDocument
Try
MyXDocument = XDocument.Load(InputFile, LoadOptions.None)
XMLDetector = True
Catch Exception As Exception
XMLDetector = False
End Try

Need to distinguish from WebDav xml files :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds,

Web Dav is an xml format. The xml is generated according to the .xsd schema. To determine if the xml is webdav data you should validate the xml against the webdav.xsd schema by calling the XDocument.Validate method.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi and thanks for your great solution, please kindly confirm if both contact items and calendar items have the same webdav.xsd schema:
webdav.zip (6.3 KB)

@australian.dev.nerds,

Sorry, but I’m not sure if you found the right xsd, but I couldn’t find one either. All references to the MS Exchange WebDav schema have been removed. Those resources probably don’t matter anymore.

Do you really need support for the WebDav format? I just can’t imagine where to apply it now. WebDav was used in very old versions of Exchange (MS Exchange Server 2007 and MS Exchange Server 2003).

Thanks.