Empty cells in Excell ->  

I search and found a thread about this, but the latest version has that problem. When I save a grid to excel I get   in empty cells, but this only occurs when in the column there is a non-empty cell. When all the cells are empty, we don’t get  

Please download and try v3.0.0.1 at

the &nsbp; are gone, but this version got a performance issue. It is very slow.
The worksheet has about 500 rows and it takes about 1 minute to generate the spreadsheet.

Please download and try the latest version at

We had optimized this method.

I get an exception:
Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length

Source is mscorlib.

at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
at Aspose.Excel.Cells.ImportDataGrid(DataGrid dataGrid, Int32 firstRow, Byte firstColumn, Boolean insertRows)
at FloraHolland.Naaldwijk.UIL.WebForm.BaseCollectionForm.SendDataAsExcel(String fileName, DataSet downloadData, DataGrid definitieGrid)

Please try the fix

New exception:
“Index was outside the bounds of the array.”

StackTrace
at System.String.get_Chars(Int32 index)
at Aspose.Excel.Cells.ImportDataGrid(DataGrid dataGrid, Int32 firstRow, Byte firstColumn, Boolean insertRows)
at FloraHolland.Naaldwijk.UIL.WebForm.BaseCollectionForm.SendDataAsExcel(String fileName, DataSet downloadData, DataGrid definitieGrid)

Greetings, Nico

Please re-download the new fix at

Still got the same exception.

I think I know what the problem is. In one of the fields is the name of our customer. If in the name the character ‘&’ is used I get the exception, if not I don’t. I haven’t checked if other characters create this problems.

Greetings, Nico

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your report. Please try v3.0.1.4 at

Works great ! And quick.

Thanks, Nico