Empty MessageID on ListMessages()

Hello,

with the new version of Aspose.Email (6.3), when executing ListMessages() on a particular IMAP folder, the message we get in return contains an empty MessageID.

If we download the same message on disk and then we load it again, the MessageID is visible. With older version of the library (4.0) the MessageID is visible for messages retrieved using ListMessages().

The same issue has been described on another post:

"MessageId empty from some message when using ListMessages from IMAP client"

but the post is private and I couldn’t see the content.

Thanks in advance.

Luk

Hi Luk,

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support team.

We haven’t faced any such issue till yet and it seems to be specific to some messsage(s). Can you please confirm to us if this happens for the ImapMessageInfo or for messages downloaded from the server? If possible, please share a test account credentials with us where we can test this issue for reproducing at our end and assist you further.

Hi,

yes indeed we’re talking about the class ImapMessageInfo a collection of which is returned by the method

ImapClient.ListMessages()

hence when messages are listed on the server. If we download the same messages on disk using

ImapClient.FetchMessage(int id)

the return object MailMessage contains the desired MessageID.

I can confirm as well that the problem occurs only for a specific set of emails and only for specific IMAP mailboxes.

Unfortunately I cannot share with you credentials form the IMAP server since it does not belong to us.

Regards,

Luk

Hi Luk,

We are sorry but unless we are provided with some sample messages or a test account that exhibit the behavior as you have mentioned, it won’t be possible for us to investigate the issue further as we are not able to reproduce the same at our end. We appreciate your understanding in this regard and will be waiting for further information in this regard as and when available from your end.

Hi,

unfortunately we cannot share with you account access of the IMAP server where the problem occurs.

I tried myself to download the messages from the IMAP server, bring them to our end and test them. I uploaded the messages to our IMAP server (which is gmail) and using the ASPOSE API I was able to read the MessageId via the ListMessages() function.

Now, is it possible to work out one of the two scenarios: ?

1) We enable in the aspose library a full verbose log, where you can have more details on the problem

2) You write a small test application with the necessary logging that you (may) need to identify the problem ?

As I said bringing emails over here, it didn't help us to make a diagnosis of the problem, therefore it must be something related to the particular IMAP server. And as I said previously in the thread, the problem occurs only for a specific set of email from a particular sender.

Regards,

Luk

Hi Luk,

i am afraid that no such test can be suggested which can identify the reason of empty message id. I have logged this issue under Id: EMAILNET-35187 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

Hi Luk,

Please enable the ImapClient activity logging at your end while using ListMessages method that results in empty MessageId. We need this information for investigating the issue further as we are not able to reproduce the problem at our end till yet.

Hi,

it has been a while since we’ve talked about this issue, but I’ve got an example where a similar problem can be reproduced. Attached you find an email file, if you try to append the message to a mailbox using the IMAP protocol, you will see that you can get two different MessageIds using ListMessage() and FetchMessage() commands

Thanks

Hi Luk,

Thank you for providing the sample email file. I have tried this message using Imap client and observed the difference in message id with ListMessages() and FetchMessage(). This information is passed to the product team for their consideration. I will let you know once any feedback is received in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-35187) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(2)