Enabling WCAG 2.0 in Aspose.Pdf

Hello; In reference to: Generate WCAG accessible PDF files

We are using Aspose.Pdf 18.2 for .NET and I would like to confirm with you whether there are any settings we need to enable to ensure that pdfs that are created using this library are WCAG 2.0 compliant or is this compatability level the default?

Additionally please can I ask whether pdfs created using Aspose.Words.Document.Save() are also compliant or if there is an additional setting required for them?

Thank you,

Stan

@modern.gov

Thanks for your inquiry.

Aspose.PDF API generates PDF document with PDF Version 1.5 by default. However, you may create/convert PDF file into WCAG 2.0 Accessible PDF document using Aspose.PDF. For more information, you may please visit “Working with Tagged PDFs” article(s) in API documentation.

We will further update you from Aspose.Words perspective in a while.

@modern.gov,

Generally, Aspose.Words can save to Tagged PDF from Word documents. The PdfSaveOptions.ExportDocumentStructure option should be set to true to meet this requirement.

Document doc = new Document("E:\\temp\\input.docx");

PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();
opts.ExportDocumentStructure = true;

doc.Save("E:\\temp\\19.2.pdf", opts);

A post was split to a new topic: WCAG compliance with Aspose Sheets and Aspose Slides when converting to pdf?

Hello,

Sorry I need more clarification on a few settings regarding this:

1) Correct Aspose.Pdf.PdfFormat
I am assuming for compliance that I will need to set this to PdfFormat.PDF_UA_1? But am I correct in this assumption?

2) Correct pdf compliance for Office files
What is the correct value for Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions.Compliance (options are pdf15, pdfA1a, pdfA1b)
What is the correct value for Aspose.Cells.PdfSaveOptions.Compliance (options are None, PdfA1a and pdfA1b)
What is the correct value for Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfOptions.Cp,pliance (options are Pdf15 or PdfA1b)?

Thank you,

Stan

@modern.gov

While converting a simple PDF document into PDF/UA compliant, you need to specify format in the same way you mentioned above. However, while creating PDF document from scratch with tagged content, you may follow given examples in API documentation as follows:

We will surely be addressing second part of your inquiry in your other thread.

In case you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Hi Asad,

Thank you, yes I should have clarified for pdf it’s the conversion of pdf to PDF/UA that is relevant. I had seen the tagged pdf post originally so I have that for reference should it come up.

Thank you,

Stan

@modern.gov

Thanks for your feedback.

Please feel free to let us know in case you need further assistance.