We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Encoding issue with save()


I am working with Aspose.cells.dll version in a french environment.

I have a problem when I save a workbook which contains characters with accent in cell values, like "ééààà...". These characters are replace by "????". I think it is an encoding problem, but I did not see any overload of save wich works well.

The code to reproduce is very simple :



If the file contain accent before open, after save the accents have been replaced.

Is there a solution or a fix to my problem?


Hi Gregory,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have created a file as per your mentioned issue, but I was not able to reproduce the issue regarding the accents. I have used the following code and the attached file to generate the issue.



This issue may be caused due to the use of old version of the Aspose.Cells. I have used Aspose.Cells

Now you can get the latest version of Aspose.Cells and try it again. If the issue still not gets resolved then please share your code and your template file that can be used to reproduce the issue.

Thank you



Please, can you tell me where I can find the latest version Of the Aspose.cells. In the download section I have found only the release version, not the hotfix.

Regards ,


Hi Gregory,

You can find the latest released version of Aspose.Cells here:
Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)
Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version)

Ok, it works well with the latest version.

Thank you