Encoding Problem with msg-Format Unicode/Standard

Hi!

I’ve attached a simple application to demonstrate the issue. The app converts *.msg in the program folder to word documents.

The same Message was saved as Unicode and std. Outlook-Message. The problem is that characters like ‘öüä’ are not correct displayed in both szenarios (the HtmlBody is loaded incorrect).

Is this a bug or can you give me a hint how to open/convert both messages correct?

Thanks
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you for using Aspose.Email.

Can you please confirm to us if characters are not correctly displayed in both scenarios, as I can’t see any incorrect characters when 1 of these messages is converted. For an intermediate output, I used the following sample code at my end:

string filename = "AW Parkplätze_nicht_funktionierend"; //first file
//filename = "AW Parkplätze1_funktionierend"; //second file
MailMessage mailMsg = MailMessage.Load("EMAIL_453678\\" + filename + ".msg", MessageFormat.Msg);
mailMsg.Save("EMAIL_453678\\" + filename + ".mhtml", MailMessageSaveType.MHtmlFromat);
Document doc = new Document("EMAIL_453678\\" + filename + ".mhtml");
doc.Save("EMAIL_453678\\" + filename + ".doc");

Hi!

I’ve attached the output I get when using your code. Just for sure I also attached a jpeg.

There are still incorrect caracters!

Thanks,
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

I have successfully re-produce the issue and have passed this information to the developers. Developers will analyze the issue according to their plan and we will write back to you as soon as some feedback is received from the development team.

Issue is logged it in our issue tracking system with Id:NETWORKNET-33725.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-33725) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan