Encrypt PDF document using different encryption types with Aspose.PDF - AES 256bits pdf encryption

Hi,

I want to know if the Aspose.Pdf is going to support AES 256 bits encryption in PDF?
We are urgently looking for this solution.

Thanks,
Raymond

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Currently Aspose.Pdf supports 40 Bits to 128 Bits encryption. I have contacted the development team to check if we have any plans to support AES 256 Bits encryption. Soon you will be updated with the status of implementation.

Hi Raymond,

We will investigate this issue and try to support AES 256 Bits encryption in the future version. But we can't provide ETA now. We will notify you in this thread when we make any progress.

Hi,

Thanks for your fast response. As there are two softwares vendors confirmed they would provide AES 256-bits encryption (which is supported by Adobe Reader 9.0) in its PDF library for .NET (One would release its enhanced product at early of Feb), another vendor is working on this schedule but probably release soon.

Would you discuss with your team and let me know if they would provide an estimate target date or schedule for the new features? Really urgent.

Thanks,
Raymond

Hi Raymond,

We investigated this issue and found it can't be supported in short time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

But AES 256-bits encryption is a standard encryption standard in Acrobat 9.0.

Do you think ASPOSE will put this into their enhancement list? If yes, what will be the schedule?

Thanks,
Raymond

Hello Raymond,

Thanks for sharing the information. But, as our development team is busy while developing other urgent modules, so we cannot support this feature in short time. We will try to support it in future versions.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Has there been any progress on developing this feature? I specifically am wondering if AES 256 bit encryption is available in the Java PDF product.
Thanks
-Ed

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am pleased to share that recent release of Aspose.Pdf for Java 4.0.0 supports the feature to encrypt PDF file with AESx256 encryption. Please try using the code snippet specified over Encrypt PDF document using Encryption Types.

In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.