Enumeration Problem

Hello,
We got a little problem with enumeration with Aspose.Word.
I explain you the context.
For a web-application we used wordml and xsl, to edit word document. We generated a xml document with the wordml and xsl file and we renamed it to .doc. It was working fine until we caught a customer with word 2002 (or word XP).
With Word 2003 (and more), there is no problem but with word 2002, the document XML is not understood by MSWord. MSWord tries to open a XML file. So we decide to test Aspose.
We let all the generation of the XML file, but at the end we use Aspose.Document to load the xml file and save it to doc format.
the code:
Aspose.Words.Document docAspose = new Aspose.Words.Document(“myXMLFileGenerate.xml”,LoadFormat.WordML,null);
docAspose.Save(“theFinalDocFile.doc”, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Doc);
And yes, it works. Our customer with Word 2002 can read the document. But, we notice that all the enumeration in the document are not well formed.
By example, in the wordml we have :
1 First
1.1 First 1
1.2 First 2
2 Second
2.1 Second 1
2.2 Second 2
After transformation by Aspose.Word, in the final document, we have :
1 First
1.1 First 1
1.2 First 2
2 Second
2.3 Second 1
2.4 Second 2
We don’t understand why it increase the number without following the enumeration. have you an idea ?
I hope i was clear. Sorry for my english, french spoken :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks by advance

Hi
Thanks for your reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem. I have logged this problem to our defect database as issue # 4284. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 2-3 weeks). We might just fix it by then or provide more information
Best regards.

Ok alexey.
thanks for this

bump
any news on this defect and/or the hotfix ?
Thanks

Hi
I have good news for you. This issue is already resolved in the current code base. I will notify you as soon as hotfix is available.
Best regards.

Thanks for this quick answer.
But I have a problem, we have bought licence before seeing this defect and now our customer is waiting for the hotfix. Is it possible to have a version of the Dll (even in beta version if we can test it) to calm the customer.

Hi
Could you please wait for release within few days?
Best regards.

We have released a new version of Aspose.Words that contains a fix for this issue.

Issue #4284 - Enumeration of multilevel list is exported from WML to DOC not properly
The new version of Aspose.Words is available for download from here.
Best regards.

And after few test, it works fine.
Thanks and good work.
NC