Epub navPoints missing

Hi,

I am working with Alfresco Activiti that has Aspose Words 15.5.0. I am using Activiti/Aspose to build an epub document from html. I am able to successfully create an epub with table of contents, however the built in navigation points are missing for certain entries (but corresponding entries are correct in the TOC). In my document.ncx and the corresponding html files I am able to see the nav points, but as soon as I hit level 4 heading entries, there are no longer any nav points. So all level 1-3 nav points are working just fine, but it seems like level 4 nav points are not working (have not tried this with any levels after 4). Is there some limitation on the level that a nav point can be? Is this the intended behavior? Is there any way to add/delete nav points?

Thanks,
Monica

@mmaslowski,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please ZIP and attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input document
  • Aspose.Words generated output .epub file showing the undesired behavior
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing. Please do not include Aspose.Words.dll in it to reduce ZIP file size.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start further investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

AllRelatedFiles.zip (11.9 KB)

Please see the attached for all related files and further explanation. Please let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks,
Monica

@mmaslowski,

For the sake of any correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-16782. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@mmaslowski,

Regarding WORDSNET-16782, we have completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that this issue is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we will close this issue as ‘Not a Bug’. Please see the following details:

Depth of the Table of contents in .epub documents is controlled by the HtmlSaveOptions.EpubNavigationMapLevel property, and by default Aspose.Words exports only first three levels. You need to increase this value in order to get deeper navigation points included into the table of contents.

Works perfect, thank you. Although I do have another question, if I may.

There are only two changes I have made to the code I have provided earlier.

One is:
document.getBuiltInDocumentProperties().setTitle(“Title for EPub”);

And the second is that I am trying to use
htmlSaveOptions.setDocumentSplitCriteria(DocumentSplitCriteria.PAGE_BREAK);
OR
htmlSaveOptions.setDocumentSplitHeadingLevel(6);
htmlSaveOptions.setDocumentSplitCriteria(DocumentSplitCriteria.HEADING_PARAGRAPH);

The first split criteria is causing the epub to be malformed - if you click on the titles in the navigation panel, it does not go to the correct entry. Also the last navigation panel entry is incorrect.

The second split criteria results correctly, however, I do not want to split at every heading.

How can I split by page break correctly?

sampleEpubs.zip (55.4 KB)

Thanks!

@mmaslowski,

We are working over your query and will get back to you soon.

@mmaslowski,

We see that you have only shared two .epub files in “sampleEpubs.zip” i.e. “headingSplit-notMalformed.epub” and “pageBreakSplit-Malformed.epub”. To ensure a timely and accurate response, please ZIP and attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document you have generated these .epub files from
  • Please create a comparison screenshot highlighting the problematic areas in the “pageBreakSplit-Malformed.epub” file and attach it here for our reference
  • Please also create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing. Please do not include Aspose.Words.dll in it to reduce ZIP file size.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start further investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.