Equation Script Character with Autofit Throws Exception in Aspose.Slides

Hi,

When a textbox/placeholder contains a latin script character Captial O in an equation , aspose api presentation.save throws exception.

code snippet :

presentation = new Presentation(szPptxPath);
presentation.Save(szPptxPath, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);

Attaching a sample ppt for the same.sample.zip (10.9 KB)

Kindly note we have stumbled across just one character that is causing this, could the fix accomodate all possible characters ?

Regards,
Raman

@sraman
Thank you for reporting the issue.

I’ve reproduced the problem and added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43501 to our issue tracking system. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our development team will investigate the case. You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

@stanislav,
Could you share an ETA on this, such characters are common in Equations.
Are we prioritising this for 22.10 /22.11 ?

@sraman,
I’ve requested ETA for the issue from our development team. We will let you know soon.

Andrey,

Could we get a status on whether this will be part of 22.11 ?

Regards,
Seetharaman

@sraman,
Our developers are working on the issue. I am clarifying the version in which a fix will be included. We will let you know this soon.

@sraman,
Our development team informed me that the fix will be included in Aspose.Slides 22.12 but there is a chance for 22.11.

Andrey,
Will escalating this a paid support ticket help us in getting a fix in Nov 22 ?

Regards,
Raman

@sraman,
As far as I can see, the issue has already been resolved. A fix will be included in Aspose.Slides 22.11. This release will be published in the second half of November.

Hi Andrey,

Attaching few files for test validation of the fix.sample.zip (58.7 KB)

Regards,
Raman

@sraman,
I was unable to reproduce the exception with this presentation. Please check the error carefully again.

Hi Andrey,

Kindly ignore the previous zip. Reattaching the testcases sample.zip (317.9 KB)

Regards,
Raman

@sraman,
Thank you for the presentation files. I’ve reproduced the same exception (sample4.pptx, sample5.pptx) and added a ticket with ID SLIDESNET-43554 to our issue-tracking system. Our development team will also test the solution with these files. We will inform you of any progress.

Hi Andrey,

Hope we are on track for a fix for this in Aspose 22.11 november ?

Regards,
Raman

@sraman,
Our developers checked the issue with the new presentation files you provided above and found that the error does not appear with the fix. Yes, the fix will be added to Aspose.Slides 22.11 (November).

Hi Andrey,

I could find this ticket in the release notes for 22.11, is this fixed in 22.11?

Regards,
Raman

@sraman,
Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.11 will be published in the coming days. As far as I can see, that issue has been resolved in version 22.11.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-43501) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 22.11 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.