Error: access is denied: 'aspose.excel'

Hi,

I’m hoping you can help me on this one. Aspose.excel has been working perfectly on our servers for months. A couple of days ago, our network team installed the latest Microsoft security patch on the servers and now Aspose isn’t working. As part of the security patch, .NET framework V1.1 was installed. I thought that was the reason why Aspose.Excel isn’t working. We then uninstalled/removed V1.1 and reinstalled V1.0.37. But still, the web application isn’t working. I can’t figure out why. Below is the error:

-------------------------------------------
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: ‘Aspose.Excel’.

Source Error:

Line 170:
Line 171:
Line 172:
Line 173:
Line 174:

Source File: c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Line: 172
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.288; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.288

Dear sponger,

I don’t think you need to uninstall .Net Framework 1.1 and then install .Net Framework 1.0 to use Aspose.Excel as Aspose.Excel should work on both .Net Framework 1.1 and .Net Framework 1.0 .

Instead, I consider current issue is probably caused by not strongly naming of the assembly Aspose.Excel.dll in earlier version.

So please download the latest version as it is strongly named.

Thank you, I will download immediately.

-Chi

Hello, I know this thread is old but I seem to be having the exact same problem with version 1.8.0 any ideas on what may be wrong?

Line 196:
Line 197:
Line 198:
Line 199:
Line 200:

Source File: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line: 198

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly ‘Aspose.Excel’ could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Aspose.Excel
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/TPSReports
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: Aspose.Excel
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/tpsreports/d26fc587/d9539e27/Aspose.Excel.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/tpsreports/d26fc587/d9539e27/Aspose.Excel/Aspose.Excel.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/TPSReports/bin/Aspose.Excel.DLL.

Hey! I just download and installed aspose.excel. It worked just fine and then for some reason I occasionally get this error and I have to restart my comp and then it goes aways. Whats the deal with this?

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: ‘Aspose.Excel’.

You can try to add Aspose.Excel to Global Assembly Cache and see if this can solve your problem.