Error Code 2869

I have used EPub Convertor for Word Aspose.Words.MicrosoftWord for a long time and all of a sudden it has stopped working and I can not get it to repair or uninstall and I have tried both ways of either repair or uninstalling it and I keep getting error code 2869 I miss this add on program and and have been using instead the Aspose WordExpress but miss having the easier use of the epub convertor built into my MS Word 2007 I have Windows 7 and just want to get it uninstalled or repaired so I can go back ot using it the right way the wordexpress is fine but it was so much faster to just save it the other way and at least want to get it uninstalled any idea’s I have tried everything I know how and what to do and am a tech of 30 yrs and everything I do I keep getting this error code or and window that says uninstall and reinstall or repair it but nothing works.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I’m afraid we discontinued the plugin for Microsoft Word and opted instead for a stand alone program. This is because the plugin was not working for all version of Microsoft Word and had no way of specifying custom options. This was among other small bugs causing problems as well.

We regret to hear that the old plugin has stopped functioning for you. The error you are receiving often happens on Vista\Windows 7 machines. If you still have the MSI installer on your machine please try following the steps below to manually try repair or uninstall Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word from your computer.

• Run cmd.exe as Administrator. Search for cmd, then right click and say “Run as Administrator”

• Run following command: msiexec / r a Aspose.Words.MicrosoftWord.msi. This will attempt to repair the install

• If that doesn’t work try running the following command to force an uninstall: msiexec /x Aspose.Words.MicrosoftWord.msi.

Instead, I would highly suggest to use our stand alone Express program instead as it offers a rich set of options to work with. In the future we may be able to improve the experience of working with MS Word and Express at the same time by providing the ability to simply pick an open Word document from Express and save as EPUB . We will keep you informed of any developments.

Thanks,