Error converting Date column with empty string in Excel XML format to Excel Binary 2003

We are using Cells and recently upgraded to 6.0.1. As a result of that upgrade we are noticing an issue when we try to load in an excel xml file and convert it to an excel 2003 binary that if we have a DateTime column with an empty string value then the conversion fails.

This worked in previous versions of Cells. It seems like if there is no value for that column then Cells shouldn’t try to convert it to a date which I imagine is how it worked previously.

Hi,

Please attach your input (XML) file and paste your code here, we will check your issue soon.

By the way, could you try our latest fix v6.0.1.9 if it works.

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately no luck with the 6.0.1.9 update. Attached is our SpreadsheetML file and here is our code snippet that actually loads the file to transform it:

stm.Position = 0;
Aspose.Cells.Workbook e = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(stm,
new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.SpreadsheetML));

resultStm = new MemoryStream();

e.FileFormat = FileFormatType.Excel97To2003;
resultStm = e.SaveToStream();

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for providing us the template file.

I have tested your code with your template SpreadsheetML file and found the error “String was not recognized as a valid DateTime”. I have logged a ticket for the issue with an id: CELLSNET-30188. We will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.
This is causing a production issue for us. Is there a workaround we might be able to use? Do you have an estimate on the release of a patch for this?

Thanks again for your prompt attention.

Hi,

We will check if we can provide an eta for your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.0.1

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 30188) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.