Error Converting existing PDF to PDF-A

Hi,

i am currently evaluating Aspose.Total and I have to convert legacy PDF-Files to PDF-A1B-Files. Therefore I use Aspose.PDF and followed the how-tos available. I tried a lot, but I keep getting the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Font name :Arial is not found , PdfConformance.PdfA currently only support TrueType Font .

at aspose.pdf.pdftext.Acb.a(SourceFile:636)

at aspose.pdf.xml.Abp.b(SourceFile:270)

at aspose.pdf.xml.Acm.a(SourceFile:479)

at aspose.pdf.xml.Aaq.a(SourceFile:157)

at aspose.pdf.Section.addParagraph(SourceFile:475)

at aspose.pdf.Pdf.close(SourceFile:672)

As Input I used various PDFs, created with Acrobat X Pro, PDFs converted with Aspose.Words (that actually are already PDF-A1B), PDFs from scanner, etc. All PDFs do NOT contain any Arial-Text, I also tried using PDFs that only contain image-data, but nothing worked.

I use the following code to do the conversion

//Method receives data of PDF-file as byte-array
public byte[] convert2PDFA(byte[] in) {

Pdf p = new Pdf(new BinaryFileStream(in));

p.setConformance(PdfConformance.PdfA1B);

p.close();

byte[] buffer = p.getBuffer();

return buffer;
}

I am working on Windows Vista-Plattform.

Could you please advice on how to get the conversion up and running?

Thanks in advance

Ole

Hi Ole,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

I would like to share with you that Aspose.Pdf only allows you to create PDF/A-1b compliant PDF files from scratch; it doesn’t allow you to convert existing PDF files to PDF/A-1b complaint PDF. Actually, Aspose.Pdf.Kit allows you to manipulate existing PDF files, but I’m afraid, this feature is currently not available in that component either. We have already logged it as PDFKITJAVA-20048 in our issue tracking system. You’ll be notified via this forum thread once we support this feature in our future versions.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,