Error converting PCL to PDF

Hi,

we are using Aspose PDF for .net 4.0, version 10.7.0 (2015.08.11) to convert legacy reports written in PCL5 to PDF format.

Unfortunately, the process fails, giving this output :

Unsuppoted command: &f1y0x0S
Error parsing command: *cP
Unsuppoted command: &f2y0x0S
Unsuppoted command: &f3y0x0S
Unsuppoted command: &f4y0x0S

I am not sure of the escape codes because, as I said, this is a legacy report and right now I am not able to analyse the code.

But what I know, is that this report contains a special “check mark” in it…

If needed, I can provide the input PCL file, even a print screen of the desired output…

Do you have any idea of the problem? Is it fixed in an other release?

Thank you,

@JFPerreault,
Kindly send us your source PCL and snapshot. We will investigate and share our findings with you. Your response is awaited.

REP0470986_SAIJE1.zip (4.3 KB)

Here you go, this is the PCL file.

Thank you,

Sorry for the delay, here is the snapshot.

Thank you.
1.jpg (463.5 KB)

@JFPerreault,
Your source PDF file includes the font CG Times, please send us this font file. Your response is awaited.

This is definitely strange… I don’t know what to say, but I don’t have this font on my system, nor on the server generating the PCL file… The only font that we are installing is Code39 for barcode… And this is not for this particular report…

The only thing I can now see in the source code as for font management is:

fprintf(sortie,"\033(10U"); /* Font PC-8 */ 
           fprintf(sortie,"\373 ");    /* Check mark */                
           fprintf(sortie,"\033(8U");  /* Font Roman-8 */

@JFPerreault,
We can replicate this error with the old version 10.7.0 of Aspose.Pdf for .NET API, but we do not provide fixes in the old code bases. The latest version 17.9 of Aspose.Pdf for .NET API shows an error regarding the absence of the font. However, we have logged an investigation under the ticket ID PDFNET-43361 in our issue tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Thanks a lot.