Error - Document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded in azure web app

Hi, I’m using Aspose.word dll version 10.7.0.0 in .net web application for generating word document. When i debug application using visual studio in azure VM it is generating the document properly, but when i deploy application in azure app service it throwing below error.
Error - Document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded
Please assist on above issue.

@AkshayP333 Does the problem occur with all documents or with a particular document only? If the problem occurs with a particular document, please attach it here for testing. Also, 10.7 version is very old, it was released more that 12 years ago. So I would suggest you to update to the latest 23.7 version of Aspose.Words.

Hi Alexey, Thank you very much for coming back on this.

To answer your queries:

Yes, we tried with multiple documents, and we got the same error all the time: “The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded.”

Also, we tried as below:

• Upgraded the version to 23.7 to Azure webapp, and we tried to generate the document - Document got generated successfully, but with watermark message (evalution mode).
  • We tried to generate the same document again But this time we got the same error again(first time worked). Is it like, we can generate the document only once in case we dont have any licence related to the latest version(23.7)?
  • When we tried to use the same existing licence(which is still working in on-prem), we are landing to the same error again.

Open Queries:

• With 23.7 version, can’t document be generated multiple time (even with watermark message/ in evaluation mode)?
  • Existing licence can be modifed/used to be compatible with 23.7?
  • In case new licence is required for version 23.7, what will be approx licencing cost? (existing licence developer enterprise, limited to 3 developers, product name aspose.word for .NET)

@AkshayP333

1. You old license will not work with new version of Aspose.Words. Every Aspose license provides a 1-year subscription for free upgrades to any new Aspose.Words version that comes out.

You can check the license expiration date by opening the license file in Notepad (but take care not to modify and save the license file or it will no longer work) and checking the SubscriptionExpiry field.

<SubscriptionExpiry>20220218</SubscriptionExpiry>

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 02/18/2022.

1. Aspose.Words does not have any limit of number of documents that can be generated neither in evaluation mode not in licensed mode. If possible could you please provide a simple code that will allow us to reproduce the problem. We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Regarding the cost of the new license, please contact out sales team in Aspose.Purchase forum. My colleagues will help you shortly.