ERROR- HELP: CryptoAPI cryptographic service provider (CSP) for this implementation could not be acquired

Hello

I have Aspose.Excel version 3.6.2.0 with its own license and when I try to set the license I reseive the bellow found error. I also have Aspose.Cells license for version 4.4.?? version with its own license file. The error occurs on my machine after reinstalling Window.

Error:

Description:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and
where it originated in the code.

Exception Details:
System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: CryptoAPI cryptographic
service provider (CSP) for this implementation could not be
acquired.

Source Error:

Line 82: 			// init Aspose.Excel license
Line 83: Aspose.Excel.License license = new Aspose.Excel.License();
Line 84: license.SetLicense(@"Aspose.Excel.lic.xml");
Line 85: }
Line 86:

Please help
Thank you
Calin

Hi Calin,

Do you get this error for Aspose.Cells also. Could you post your license file for Aspose.Cells here, We will check it soon. And by the way could you try to use the license file on some other machine if it works fine.

Kindly provide us the complete details of your machine, .NET environment, OS etc.

Thank you.

Hello

No, for Cells I don’t receive the error. On other systems the error dows not appear, and copied the license from other machine and it still doesn’t work.
I use .NET Framework 1.1 for this project on a Windows XP machine. I also have installed, Visual Studio 2005 (with 2.0) and Visual Studio 2008 (with 3.5).

Calin

Hi Calin,

Thanks for the details,

Since you are using some older version of Aspose.Excel. We will check and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Dear Calin,

Since you have the license for Aspose.Cells, please upgrade your application to Aspose.Cells. Aspose.Cells includes all features in Aspose.Excel.