Error in opening VSDX file converted from VDX file

Hi

we are considering buying Diagram API for Java to convert vdx files to vsdx visio format. We tried the trial verions (aspose-diagram-6.1.0-java) for the same.

There was no error when saving vdx file as vsdx, but when we tried to open the converted vsdx file, we are getting the error:

"Visio cannot open the file or a component in the file because it is corrupt."

I have attached the original vdx file and converted vsdx file and the code snippet.

Appreciate a quick response.

thanks,
Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for contacting support. We have evaluated your sample Visio drawing “test.vdx” and code against the latest version 6.1.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API and figured out how to duplicate the said error message on our side. We’ve logged this problem under ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50304 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this ticket. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Is there a way we can also track the problem logged under <span style=“font-size:12.0pt;font-family:“Times New Roman”,serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50304 in your bug tracking system?

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for the inquiry.

Well, you can ask about the recent status of the ticket in this forum thread. We have just identified and logged this ticket in our bug tracking system. Our product team requires a little time to investigate it. We have intimated our product team to take a look at this issue shortly. We’ll let you know once an update is available from them.

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMJAVA-50304 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.2.0. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

That’s a great news. Can you update me about the Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.2.0 release, when its going to be released? Do I have to download the trial version again to complete our trials? Is there any chance of getting private fix, so that we can continue our evaluation with the fix?

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for the inquiry. The new version 6.2.0 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API is expected in the next couple of weeks. We’ll notify you in this forum thread once it is available.
saurabhp:
Do I have to download the trial version again to complete our trials? Is there any chance of getting private fix, so that we can continue our evaluation with the fix?
Yes, you’ll download and use the new version 6.2.0. It’ll not break the code of your old test cases and also we document each API change and addition in the Aspose.Diagram Wiki docs (Release Notes, Migrating from Earlier Versions of Aspose.Diagram for Java). We don’t provide private fix in the free support model. Please spare us a little time and stay tuned.

I am attaching the little complex vdx to this post, can you ensure that the fix is tested with this vdx and its getting converted to vsdx properly.

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for posting another Visio diagram. We have forward this sample diagram to our product team against the ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50304. We'll let you know once an update is available from our product team.

I am posting another visio (VDX) file to ensure fix is working fine. Please test this one as well.

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for posting another Visio diagram. Our product team has checked the previous diagram named as "ComplexTest.vdx" and it works perfectly using the upcoming version 6.2.0.
saurabhp:
I am posting another visio (VDX) file to ensure fix is working fine. Please test this one as well.
Sure. We have logged this diagram in our database against the ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50304. We'll let you know once an update is available from our product team.

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for being patient. Our product team has checked the recent diagram named as "ComplexTest_1.vdx" and it works perfectly using the upcoming version 6.2.0. We've also attached the archive of its resultant VSDX diagram (OutComplexTest_1.zip) to this reply for your kind reference.

Hi Imran,

Thanks for sharing the output vsdx file.

Its a good news that vdx file is getting converted to vsdx file as but on quick and high level verification, I have found that the font alignment is not retained.

Example, in the vdx file the font horizontal alignment is set to ‘LEFT’ but in the output vsdx file its ‘CENTERED’. Please ensure that all formatting in vdx are retained in the output vsdx file.

I will go through the vsdx file and compare it with the vdx file to see if there are any other discrepancies. I will update if there are any.

Can you update the product team about this issue so that they can look into it?

Also can you update me about the exact timelines for the release of this fix in the next product release.

Regards,

Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for pointing out this problem. We have logged this issue under ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50305 in our bug tracking system. It has also been linked to this forum thread. We’ll let you know once the significant progress has been made in this regard. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50304) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50305) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi

Thanks for updating about the release of product Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.2.0. I verified the reported issues - opening vsdx file and font alignments, both are fixed.

But in the output vsdx file, by default the option to see GRID lines on visio page is enabled where as in the vdx its not. Can you check that. I have attached the screen shot and vdx and vsdx files to this post.

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for the details. We managed to replicate the said issue. We have logged this problem under ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50307 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this ticket. We’ll let you know once it is resolved. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50307 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.3.0. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50307) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.3.0.