Error in Outlook while opening folder in the PST file

Hi,

I have large PST (about 5gb), there 2 huge folders (About 80000 emails) and when I click on this folder - then I got this error from outlook : “Cannot display the folder. Errors have been detected in the file”.

Thanks
Please advise.

Hi Slava,

Could you please share if the PST was generated using Aspose.Email? If so, we’ll be in need of the sample source files that have been added to the PST and gave rise to this state of the PST.

PS: You can use Microsoft Utility “ScanPst” to scan the problematic PST which may fix the errors for loading in Outlook.

Hi,

The PST was generated by Aspose.Email for Java version 3.8.0.0.
It’s a huge pst 5gb and source emails are also very huge and not sure how can I pass all this 5gb of data, and also this data is customer data and it’s private is there any steps that you can take to reproduce this problem other than using our eml files ?

Thanks

I executed scanpst and it fixed the PST, but this is nice workaround, that I can’t rely on it when my customers are complaining about corrupted PST generated by Aspose.Email for Java.

Please advise how can we work together to fix this issue.

Thanks

P.S. Are you interested to see the log of scanpst ?

Hi Slava,

Thank you for providing the feedback.

We understand your concern about running Scanpst as not a viable solution in this case. And for this purpose, I tried to reproduce this issue with a set of 80,000+ random messages from a message pool at my end, but I am afraid to share that I was not able to face any such issue. The PST opens fine and the messages can also be viewed perfectly.

In such a situation, we need the sample data to investigate and reproduce this issue at our end. Also, you may share the Scanpst log with us, but it may not help us to reach the root cause of the issue. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.

same issue i am facing with .net email please provide me solution in .net

Hi,

Can you please share your sample messages that we can use to generate such a large PST and check the issue at our end? We haven’t been able to reproduce this issue at our end with our sample data and thus can’t investigate the issue further. We appreciate your cooperation for provisioning of this data.