Error loading a rtf document

I’m trying to load some rtf files (which word opens fine) using Aspose.Words version 4.3.1.0. I’m getting the following error:

Aspose.Words.FileCorruptedException was unhandled 
Message="The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded." 
Source="Aspose.Words" 
StackTrace: 
at Aspose.Words.Document.?(Exception ?) 
at Aspose.Words.Document.?(Stream ?, LoadFormat ?, String ?) 
at Aspose.Words.Document..ctor(String fileName, LoadFormat loadFormat, String password) 
at CopyWordRtfContentToDbColumns.Module1.Main() in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\XML data\CopyWordRtfContentToDbColumns\CopyWordRtfContentToDbColumns\Module1.vb:line 8 

(As a workaround I can load and convert the same rtf file using ActiveUp.RTF component - but I’d rather not have to purchase another component).

Please attach the documents that produce the error. I will check them up and let you know of the results. The documents can be attached to the forum post. All document attachments are private and viewable only by Aspose personnel.

I’ve attached a collection of files (tmp.zip). The file “wordsaved.rtf” has been opened in word 2003 and saved as rtf from word.

My goal is to extract the text from the rtf files and insert this text into a database column. When I use the code example you have posted under “Extracting Document Elements”:
Public Class MyDocToTxtWriter
Inherits DocumentVisitor
I get the content alright, but international characters are not extracted “correctly”. Ie. Øresund becomes Øresund.
How can I retain the international characters during the extractions?
NB To proof-of-comcept test, I’m using a trial version of ActiveUp.RTF to convert the rtf files (those files I can’t open with Aspose.Words) to html and then use Aspose.Words to load the html file and extract the text (bit of a detour).

Hi,
Thank you for reporting the issues to us. I am looking into them right now.

Are you able to replicate my error? If, yes, how soon do you think you can have a fix ready? (sorry for pushing the issue, however, it will determine if I should purchase the ActiveUp.RTF component for this project).

Yes, I am, and I’ve registered it as #3557. I’ll try to fix it within a couple of days and I believe your documents will work fine with the next Aspose.Words hotfix (hopefully in 1-2 weeks).
Thanks.

Hi,
I have fixed the throw on open issue. The hotfix should be released in several hours. However, I noticed several other issues to be fixed so I’ll keep working on your documents.
And I didn’t find anything wrong with encoding. Could you please post the code you use for text extraction and specify what exactly is wrong and why you think so?
Thanks.

We have released a new version of Aspose.Words that contains a fix for your issue.
The new version of Aspose.Words is available for download from here.
Best regards.

We have released a new version of Aspose.Words that contains a fix for this issue.

Issue #4067 - Paragraph indents are incorrect

Best regards.

Hi
We have released a new version of Aspose.Words that contains a fix for two of your issues.

Issue # 4069 - Image and its position are incorrect.
Issue # 4068 - Part of image is lost

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 4068 and 4069) have been fixed in this update.