Error loading licence file in Aspose Words v18: character in the given encoding. Line 3, position 28

We are currently using Aspose Words vor .NET, v16. We now migrate to the latest version v18. However, wenn loading our licence file, the following error occurs:

character in the given encoding. Line 3, position 28

It seems like our license file is not compatible with version 18.

However, we are also using the Aspose.PDF and Aspose.Barcode library, where loading our existing licence files from v16 work with v18 (the initialization of the licence is the same).

Can you please help us or provide a compatible licence file for Aspose.Words?

Thank you in advance.

@JohannesP,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please post your license file via private message. In order to send a private message with attachments, please click on my name and find “Message” button. (see the screenshot). We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information. Please do not share your license file publicly.

The message button in your profile to send you a PM is not active. Please send me a message that I can reply to or provide me a email address.

@JohannesP,

Thanks for sharing the license file. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-17412 . You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

For the meanwhile, please provide me a license file that works for v18 via PM. Thank you.

@JohannesP,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please get a 30 days temporary license from the following link.
Get a Temporary License

You can demand for a new license by posting your query in Aspose.Purchase forum.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17412) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.11 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.11 update.