Error logging

I try to integrate JR exporter into existing solution, at locale computer everything works fine but as soon as I install it on production - it fails without error occuring! Is it possible to add some loggers?

Thank you

Hi Victor,

Thanks for contacting support.

Do you have same configurations over Production environment as over development environment ?

However, I am in coordination with development team to figure out solution/approach for enabling error logging when using Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports. As soon as I have the required information, I will let you know.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Yes, I have the same configuration except of the OS… That’s why I need any valuable log info…

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your feedback. We are looking into it and will update you soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your patience.

Currently Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports does not support the feature to generate error log when deployed over server. However for the sake of implementation, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFJASPER-33149. We will
investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a
correction. We
apologize for your inconvenience.

PS, if possible, please share the OS / configuration details over both systems, as it will help us during the implementation of this feature.

Hi there,

It is very strange… You have some logger that outputs some basic info such as “error raised” or something like that but doesn’t print any valuable info regarding this error… I can’t install it on server and as a result can’t test it and buy you solution in case of good results… And my temporary license is going to expire…

P.S. Server OS is Debian, Java v.1.6

nKognito:
It is very strange… You have some logger that outputs some basic info such as “error raised” or something like that but doesn’t print any valuable info regarding this error… I can’t install it on server and as a result can’t test it and buy you solution in case of good results…
Hi Victor,

Thanks for sharing the information.

As shared earlier, the requirement has already been logged in our issue tracking system and as soon as the feature to get error logs/information is implemented, we will update you within this forum thread.

nKognito:
And my temporary license is going to expire…
If required, your trial license can be extended, so that you can keep evaluating our API’s/Components.

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has further investigated the feature requested earlier as PDFJASPER-33149 - Enable error logging over server, please note that this feature is already supported. Please note that Log4j (log4j-1.2.12.jar) logger is already implemented by The Apache Commons Logging wrapper (commons-logging-1.0.4.jar). Configure log4j.properties file and place it in your classpath and include loggers in the dependencies:.

<dependency><o:p></o:p>

<groupId>log4j</groupId><o:p></o:p>

<artifactId>log4j</artifactId><o:p></o:p>

<version>1.2.12</version><o:p></o:p>

</dependency><o:p></o:p>

<dependency><o:p></o:p>

<groupId>commons-logging</groupId><o:p></o:p>

<artifactId>commons-logging</artifactId><o:p></o:p>

<version>1.0.4</version><o:p></o:p>

</dependency>

For example the log4j.properties

# Root logger option

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, stdout, file

# Redirect log messages to console

log4j.appender.stdout=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

log4j.appender.stdout.Target=System.out

log4j.appender.stdout.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss} %-5p %c{1}:%L - %m%n

# Redirect log messages to a log file, support file rolling.

log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender

log4j.appender.file.File=D:\\log4j-application.log

log4j.appender.file.MaxFileSize=5MB

log4j.appender.file.MaxBackupIndex=10

log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout

log4j.appender.file.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss} %-5p %c{1}:%L - %m%n