Error on Web Deployment Project

Hi,

I have installed the latest version of Aspose.Network. Now I´m getting follwing error, if I try to build the web deployment project:
Error 53 Could not load file or assembly ‘Aspose.Network, Version=4.8.1.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’ or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. ASPNETCOMPILER 1 1

I think there is a problem with the version number. The zip-file I´ve downloaded is called 4.8.1.1.zip. The file version within windows explorer is 4.8.0.12 and visual studio shows the version number 4.8.1.2.

Could you please help. I´m working with 32Bit and 64Bit component.

Best regards

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please try the dlls from the attached zip file? It should show 4.8.1.0 in both windows explorer properties and Visual Studio.

Hi,

now I´m getting following error, if I try to compile my solution:

Error 60 Assembly generation failed – Referenced assembly ‘Aspose.Network’ does not have a strong name

Could you please help.

Best regards

Hi,

could you please provide the Aspose.Network component, where the described error does not occure.

Thank you

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please tell us some more details about your environment? I did the following and was unable to reproduce the problem:

1. Install Aspose.Network.dll to GAC using gacutil. It has a strong name and it was added to the GAC
  2. Created a website in VS 2008, added reference to Aspose.Network and on default page’s load event, I created an msg file and saved to stream and displayed the message to user. Build the website, which was successful.
  3. Added web deployment project to the website (using the VS 2008 web deploy plugin) and build the project.
  4. Add web setup project and selected “web deployment project from step 3” in the project output. Added Aspose.Network assembly. Build the project, which was successful too.
  5. It created the msi and setup.exe file. I also installed using the msi on my machine, the setup asked the website, virtual directory and application pool, I selected default options. The project also installed successfully.
  6. I tested on my machine and also checked in IIS, the virtual directory was there and i got the message displayed in the default page’s load event.
I tested it in the following environment:
  • Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 bit
  • IIS 7 with IIS 6 compatibility features
  • Aspose.Network 4.8.1 (x86)
  • Visual Studio 2008
From the error message you are getting, it seems that you are trying to register Aspose.Network to GAC and it is giving strong name error. Please post a sample project and tell details about your environment. I will test using the similar scenario and get back to you.

You may zip and post the project on this forum or email me using forum options “Contact” --> “send saqib.razzaq an email”.