Error opening Apple Numbers file

Hello,

according to the description and sample, Aspose.Cells can handle Apple’s numbers file format.

I have created a file for testing with the latest and current version of Numbers but then an error occurs when opening the file.

Code / File (121.6 KB)

Workbook book = new Workbook("Apple.Numbers"); //Cells Version 18.2.0

CellsException

"the index.xml could not be found in the numbers file. "

@mservdev,

Thanks for the template Numbers file.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by using the following sample code with your template file. I found an exception “the index.xml could not be found in the numbers file” on opening the Numbers file:
e.g
Sample code:

//Specify load options, we want to load Numbers spreadsheet 
    LoadOptions opts = new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Numbers); 

//Load the Numbers spreadsheet in workbook with above load options 
    Workbook wb = new Workbook("e:\\test2\\Apple.numbers", opts); 

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45943” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@mservdev,

We evaluated your issue further. Well, currently we only support the .numbers files which contain index.xml file. We need more time to look into the latest file whose data is stored in .iwa files because we could not find public document for them.

Once we have any new information, we will share it with you.

@Amjad_Sahi

Thanks for the explanation, I’m looking forward to hearing more details, if there’s anything new. :slight_smile:

We recognized the same issue; i.e. the issue is still present in apose.cells in the current version (18.7.0). Your response is awaited.

@daan0,

We are sorry but the issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-45943”) is not sorted out yet. I have logged your concerns against the issue into our database.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.