We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Error "Excel found unreadable content" caused by pivotfield (double)

Aspose.Cells Version 8.2.2:

The following source code generates three files in format xls, xlsb and xlsx.

Only the xls file can be opened in Excel 2007 without any problems.

When I try to open the xlsx or the xlsb file, I get the error “Excel found unreadable content”, which is caused by an duplicate sharedItems entry “” in “xl\pivotCache\pivotCacheDefinition1.xml”.…


After changing the value in cell “A3” from 1.000000000000001d to 1.00000000000001d, all generated files are correct. The corresponding sharedItems entry:

SOURCE CODE:

var wb = new Workbook();

var wsData = wb.Worksheets[0];
wsData.Name = “Data”;

var cells = wsData.Cells;

cells[“A1”].PutValue( “Test” );
cells[“A2”].PutValue( 1.0d );
cells[“A3”].PutValue( 1.000000000000001d );

var wsPivot = wb.Worksheets[wb.Worksheets.Add()];
wsPivot.Name = “PivotTable”;

var pivotTables = wsPivot.PivotTables;
int index = pivotTables.Add("=Data!A1:A3", “B3”, “PivotTable1”);

wb.Save( “C:\tmp\test_xls.xls” , SaveFormat.Excel97To2003 );
wb.Save( “C:\tmp\test_xlsx.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx );
wb.Save( “C:\tmp\test_xlsb.xlsb”, SaveFormat.Xlsb );


Hi Timo,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue after executing your sample code with the generated XLSX and XLSB files. However, XLS file works fine. We tested it with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.2.2. However, when one 0 is removed from 1.000000000000001d it works fine.

We have logged these issues in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix these issues. Once, these issues are resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

These issues have been logged as

  • CELLSNET-43109 - Error “Excel found unreadable content” caused by pivotfield (double) in XLSX output
  • CELLSNET-43110 - Error “Excel found unreadable content” caused by pivotfield (double) in XLSB output

I have also attached the output Excel files for a reference

Hi Timo,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed these issues.

  • CELLSNET-43109 - Error “Excel found unreadable content” caused by pivotfield (double) in XLSX output
  • CELLSNET-43110 - Error “Excel found unreadable content” caused by pivotfield (double) in XLSB output

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.2.2.2 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Shakeel,

the lastest fix of Aspose.Cells (v8.2.2.2) solves my problem.

Thank you very much for your quick support.

Kind Regards,
Timo

Hi Timo,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43110;CELLSNET-43109) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43110;CELLSNET-43109) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(2)