*ERROR (System.OverflowException): Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.*

A customer is reporting this error being logged when they attempt to open an MPP. The version of our product they are using uses Aspose.Tasks version 20.2 but I’ve tried it with the latest version, 21.2 and it still occurs.

I’m asking the customer if we can share their data with you, as it’s a 96MB file and kind of hard to figure out what is going on to try and produce sample data to repeat.

Below is the stack trace. Is there anyway to get the PDB or symbols for the dll? It might help narrow down what is going on. As it stands, 90% of the issues we have with Aspose.Tasks happen in the GetProject call somewhere down in it and all we get back is garbage, so we can’t even begin to figure out what is causing things.

STACK TRACE: at System.Decimal…ctor(Double value)
at #=zekD0erozoxY7DIt3GA2$Zh7lOcnhdu6BPQ==.#=zOs6YfJ4=(ExtendedAttribute #=zSLJ6SCs=, Byte[] #=zr2tqFGA=, IDictionary2 #=zP7uslvE=) at #=zekD0erozoxY7DIt3GA2$Zh7lOcnhdu6BPQ==.#=zbv7hIK8=(ExtendedAttribute #=zSLJ6SCs=, Byte[] #=zr2tqFGA=, IDictionary2 #=zP7uslvE=)
at #=zyy7vo$0nou0og10Tpf$Ygsf1eRPpc2070uJuDvA=.#=zFV0XsT1EqZHp(Int32 #=zVGtY4U0=, Byte[] #=zr2tqFGA=, IDictionary2 #=zP7uslvE=) at #=zAQv81NL8oo4eUeAgdFbwjd$lnI3UJ$dmid4Nu1imk4Gu.#=z4qWNCWE=(ResourceAssignment #=zEZO$9Zo=, IDictionary2 #=zP7uslvE=)
at #=zyy7vo$0nou0og10Tpf$Ygsf1eRPpc2070uJuDvA=.#=zWnDTap4=(ResourceAssignment #=zEZO$9Zo=, Byte[] #=zx4UK0aAnemSA, IDictionary2 #=zP7uslvE=) at #=zZcZPENO719nMvNUHGRngRlq90YYWHa8WzxHkCCM=.#=zWnDTap4=(ResourceAssignment #=zrGAwMrR7m4jw, #=zAOHrPl2hp54H0jgEaCtAp_7lrHnySLSboU9dPgo= #=zckAwpObfxF0l, Dictionary2 #=zO8qakVU=)
at #=zHps6JI$$Rw70z3NKNqwsbT6GRRESKYi9sNQrkx0=.#=zloHcnk4=(#=z_OVOyD_KOWpSPHdJl4s9VmM= #=zkKw3HQ8=, Dictionary2 #=zO8qakVU=, Nullable1 #=zfVKagx7BQjFw)
at #=zHps6JI$$Rw70z3NKNqwsbT6GRRESKYi9sNQrkx0=.#=zloHcnk4=(Dictionary`2 #=zO8qakVU=)
at #=zSTDv7tYkkG57JFlLy6IlamTTsROilzZ_tw==.#=zWnDTap4=()
at #=zSTDv7tYkkG57JFlLy6IlamTTsROilzZ_tw==.#=zWnDTap4=(Project #=z9Eg3fJg=, Stream #=zSYDskhQ=)
at #=zSTDv7tYkkG57JFlLy6IlamTTsROilzZ_tw==.#=zWnDTap4=(Project #=z9Eg3fJg=, Stream #=zSYDskhQ=, Encoding #=zgFtdXMY=, ParseErrorCallback #=z8KSYnH16Bm3r)
at #=zkT1d3U$5znmE6d4IzXTg06U=.#=zWnDTap4=(Stream #=zSYDskhQ=, Project #=z9Eg3fJg=)
at Aspose.Tasks.Project.#=zg5eN4M7dHchh(Stream #=zSYDskhQ=, ParseErrorCallback #=z8KSYnH16Bm3r, Encoding #=zgFtdXMY=, PrimaveraXmlReadingOptions #=zXODHe2I=)
at Aspose.Tasks.Project…ctor(Stream stream)
at Acumen.Fuse.Controller.Platforms.MSProject.MppFile2.GetProject(String fileName)

@JamesPike

In order to proceed further with investigation on our end, please share the source file along with used sample code reproducing the issue on your end. Please share the information so that I may proceed further to help you.

@JamesPike Hello!

Aspose.Tasks library is being delivered as an obfuscated library. So PDB file is not an option here.
As I see, here we have an issue with parsing of extended attribute values. Please share the MPP/XML file with us and we can fix the issue or say what can be done to fix it on your side.

I got a file that repeats it, but even zipped it’s 10MB. Our company has a file share site for large files. What email should I send the link to?

Jim

Just sent it. You should get an email with a link to download the zipped MPP

Got it, thank you!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKSNET-4751) have been fixed in this update.