Error: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers. for Aspose.Cells for RS

When trying to export from Reporting Services, the export window opens and returns the error:

That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.

I have installed Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services on my server:

• Windows Server 2008
  • SQL Server 2008
  • Aspose.Cells v1.50

We are using other Aspose products and intend to purchase Aspose.Cells for RS as quickly as we can get the paperwork processed.

Is there something else that needs to be done to get this to work?

Rob

Hi,

We will check your issue and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Any update? We are hoping Asprose can solve a few of our Reporting Services/Excel issues.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Please check installation log and SQL Server Reporting Services Policy file (rssrvpolicy.config) and post it here. If there is not full trust caller for Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services in rssrvpolicy.config file, please manually add permissions to execute.

l) Give Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services permissions to execute. To do this, open ${SQL Server Reporting Services}\ReportServer\rssrvpolicy.config and add the following as the last item in the second to outer element (which should be ):

<span style=“font-size: 10.5pt; font-family: “Calibri”,“sans-serif”; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);”> <o:p></o:p>

Please refer to installation document for using DLL only.

Thank you.

Amjad Sahi:
Hi Rob,

Please check installation log and SQL Server Reporting Services Policy file (rssrvpolicy.config) and post it here. If there is not full trust caller for Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services in rssrvpolicy.config file, please manually add permissions to execute.

Amjad,

I made the changes to the rssrvpolicy.config file but am still receiving the error. I did stop and restart Reporting Services prior to testing.

In your post, you refered me to "installation document for DLL only." Do I need to follow these instructions as well? I installed Aspose.Cells using the .msi file.

I am attached the .config file, the install log and the error returned when trying to export.

Thank you for your quick response.

Rob

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the installation log, .config and error description files.

We will look into your issue and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have checked your attachments and found Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services installation failed.

Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services cannot get CodeGroup tag of PolicyLevel tag in rssrvpolicy.config.

The CodeGroup tag in your rssrvpolicy.config is not matched.

Please correct/fix your rssrvpolicy.config file and re-install Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Kindly let us know if you still find any issue.

Thank you.

Amjad Sahi:

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

We have checked your attachments and found Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services installation failed.

Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services cannot get CodeGroup tag of PolicyLevel tag in rssrvpolicy.config.

The CodeGroup tag in your rssrvpolicy.config is not matched.

Please correct/fix your rssrvpolicy.config file and re-install Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Kindly let us know if you still find any issue.

Thank you.

I removed the unmatch CodeGroup tag and then resinstalled. Everything is working well now.

Thank you for your assistance.

Rob