Error using UpdateFields

I have a client with three documents where updating the document fails. The document fails when I try to use UpdateFields(), even if that is the only command that I’m doing:

Aspose.Words.Document asposeDoc = new Aspose.Words.Document(ms);
asposeDoc.UpdateFields();

I need the fields to be updated, so what can I do? Is there something that you can see wrong in the document that I could search for and correct, or is it something that has to be resolved on your end? Please advise.

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Please tell me which version of the product you are using.
I was not able to reproduce your problem on version 9.8.0.0. you can download it here. But in the output file is not quite right displayed TOC. I registered a request in our defect database. Once the problem is resolved, we will notify you immediately.

I was using 9.7, so I’ll update my files and test. I would think it would work though, if it worked for you. Thanks for updating regularly!

What is the the issue that you see? After updating, the right margin of the ToC seems to have been made smaller, or in some other way the text for the page numbers has been shifted to the right. Also, there is supposed to be the same image next to both sides of the text, "MilXXrd Police Department " at the beginning of the document. For me, the left one is missing. Is that what you are seeing on your end as well?

Hello,
Thank you for your additional information.
I’ve attached a screenshot and the resulting document. You can see that the style TOC of changed. It is for this reason that I registered the defect. If you have some other comments, please feel free to check them.
``

That is also what I’m seeing. Thanks for being proactive on this. I appreciate it!

So, I’m not sure if this is related to the latest build of Aspose or not, but I’m looking at the document I sent you, and it already had issues even before it was sent to you. If you open the file attached in this message, you will notice that on both sides of the title at the beginning of the document, there is a picture. This document also has a ToC that will eventually get messed up, but it looks good here.
Now that this is done, open and save the file through Aspose:

Aspose.Words.Document asposeDoc = new Aspose.Words.Document(some_Stream);
asposeDoc.Save("xxx.doc");

Once the file has been saved, if you open new the file in Word, you will notice that the left hand image has disappeared as well as the ToC has moved to the right. Why is the image going away?

Hi
Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Hi there. Just making sure if there is no update on this issue yet. Have a nice day.

Hi
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is not resolved yet. It is in the queue for analysis. Once we have more information we will share it with you.
Best regards,

Hello, you are usually very good about letting me know when a fix to a posted bug has been resolved. I’ve not had this with this particular issue. In the Table of Contents, the page numbers are mis-aligned. Is there a work-around, or something that can be done to correct the issue in the documents I have which demonstrate this issue? Save in a different format, or something? I am trying to get my customer’s issue resolved, and it’s been several months. I’m not blaming, just want an update, or to know if there is a work around.
Thanks for your time!

Hi James,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issues are pending for analysis. Once our developers analyze these issues, we will be able to provide you an estimate. You will be notify as soon as it is fixed. Sorry for inconvenience.

Please note that there is no guarantee that there is such a work around at the moment, you may need to wait for the original fix.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4731) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-26358) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 24.2 update also available on NuGet.