We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Error when exporting to HTML after updating to Aspose.Word 4.2.0

Hello,

We installed the latest Aspose.Word (version 4.2.0) for Reporting Services.

Now when we render a report and then try to save as HTML via Aspose.Word, It gives us an object reference error which does not occur with the previous version we have been using (version 3.9.0).

We have updated more than one test environment and the error occurs on all machines after updating.

We are using SQL Server 2012 (SP1) - 11.0.3000.0 (X64) on Windows 2008 Server(SP2) (X64)

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great if you please use the select statement (to populate the data) inside
your RDL file and share that RDL file with us. I will investigate the
issue on my side and provide you more information.

Please see the following DataSet example with select statement for your kind reference:

<DataSets>

<DataSet Name=DataSet1>

<Query>

<DataSourceName>DataSource1</DataSourceName>

<CommandText>select 1 as value, ‘label1’ as label

union all

select 2 as value, ‘label2’ as label

union all

select 3 as value, ‘label3’ as label

union all

select 4 as value, ‘label4’ as label

</CommandText>

</Query>

<Fields>

<Field Name=value>

<DataField>value</DataField>

<rd:TypeName>System.Int32</rd:TypeName>

</Field>

<Field Name=label>

<DataField>label</DataField>

<rd:TypeName>System.String</rd:TypeName>

</Field>

</Fields>

</DataSet>

</DataSets>

Hello,

The issue is with any report simple or complex, even the basic example you have given us as a template can produce the error.
We believe there may be an issue with your Windows Installation package. We would like to try a manual installation, however the help file included with the zipped package does not work correctly and is showing empty content on any article selected. Other help files work fine, it is only the one provided with your package that has an issue.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

I
have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue
at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in
our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-174. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSRPT-174) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.3.0 update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)