Error while saving xls file in xlsx : No node found, the formula should have been corrupted

Hi,

I have a file in XLS format, and when I try to save it as XLSX, or XLSM format I have an error :
“No node found, the formula should have been corrupted”

In the ZIP file you have the originalDocument.XLS

OriginalDocument.zip (28.3 KB)

Here is the code I use :

workbook workbook = new Workbook(dataDir + "OriginalDocument.xls");

workbook.Save(dataDir + "outputDocument.xlsx", SaveFormat.Xlsx);

workbook.Save(dataDir + "outputDocument.xlsm", SaveFormat.Xlsm);

Thanks.

@julien.mevel.isilog,

Please notice, we were able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. We found an exception “No node found, the formula should have been corrupted” when saving an XLS file to XLSX file format. We have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-47553” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@julien.mevel.isilog,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-47553”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@julien.mevel.isilog,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.8.1 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.8.1 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.8.1 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.4 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47553) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.9. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi
You may also get the new version @ nuget repos. (NuGet Gallery | Aspose.Cells 20.9.0)

Hi,
We have try the fix with the same document in version 21.1.0 and still have a problem.
After saving the document, opening it display a “corrupt file” popup from excel, and if u agreed, it show the document but delete parts of it, in my case the formula.

i put a zip file with image of the error and an xml of excel error with the transformed document

elements.zip (64.8 KB)

@julien.mevel.isilog,

Did you try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v21.4 if it makes any difference? If you still find the issue, please attach your input document (please zip it prior attaching) and sample code that you are using to reproduce the issue, we will check it soon.

A post was split to a new topic: Error raised by MS Excel while opening the output XLSX file converted from XLS using Aspose.Cells

A post was split to a new topic: Macros are no more used after migration from XLS to XLSX in .NET